Talk

Advanced search

DMs + wide calves + leggings = ?

(5 Posts)
TweeBee Sat 28-Oct-17 20:21:58

Evening all,
Last night I was reading a thread here which was singing the praises of Doc Martens and I have found myself thinking I need some purple ones.
Have never had any before, and would be spending birthday money so it's a big thing to me!
Before I try to get some - shopping a challenge for me sadly - I would like to know if they would suit the way I would like to wear them. I'm thinking I'd wear them with leggings and dresses (I wear leggings under dresses as so much easier than tights). I am unfortunately chunky of calf and short of leg so can't tell whether they'd look ridiculous or not.
Also I think I would like a more exciting colour than black or brown but I am mid thirties and generally quite boring!
Thank you in advance for your advice.

Worriedobsessive Sat 28-Oct-17 20:24:38

Would you go for the higher tops or the shoes?

CMOTDibbler Sat 28-Oct-17 20:26:22

I think they balance wider calves really well. My fave dms are bright red patent, and they are fab - and I'm 45 smile

TweeBee Sat 28-Oct-17 20:28:06

The higher tops I think - think they are called 8 eye.

PorklessPie Sat 28-Oct-17 21:19:54

I wear dms with dresses all the time. I have velvet floral docs in black and in burgundy. I also wear them with coloured leggings and a long cami (I'm 5ft 2) with an oversized jumper smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now