Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Best ever black sports leggings?

(39 Posts)
upsidedown2017 Sat 28-Oct-17 19:53:43

Anyone care to share their favourite black sports leggings? I’ve had a Nike pair for a decade but they are ready to be thrown out.

I’d like high waisted that stay in place, so a good grip round the wast. And suitable for short legs!

Any suggestions?

Susurro Sat 28-Oct-17 20:42:47

Not sure about short legs but I run every other day and really rate both Salomon and Arc'teryx gear. I have both of these and they've lasted years of pretty much continual wearing and washing:

www.cotswoldoutdoor.com/p/salomon-womens-agile-3-4-tights-A5160029.html?colour=124

www.cotswoldoutdoor.com/p/arc-teryx-womens-soleus-3-4-tights-A5160011.html?colour=124

upsidedown2017 Sat 28-Oct-17 20:46:10

Thanks, I’ll have a look see if they do full length smile

Nettletheelf Sat 28-Oct-17 20:50:48

Sweaty Betty bum sculpting leggings. They are terrifyingly expensive but really good.

SpoonfulOfJam Sat 28-Oct-17 22:08:47

Ah, was going to say Nike men's as I love the length, drawstring waist, ankle zips and key pocket. And not a hint of pink.

But probably not for short legs.

maggiso Sat 28-Oct-17 23:58:41

Sweaty Betty different leg lengths ie a shorter leg length which is perfect for me at just under 5ft 2 I have the last season cotton ones and they are very good, but have faded with lots of washing.

NC4now Sun 29-Oct-17 00:12:22

I wear Nike Capri leggings in the gym. I have four pairs all the same shock

Ninjakittysmells Sun 29-Oct-17 00:28:58

I was discussing this at my bootcamp the other day - the trainers and more experienced Gym go-ers all seemed to really rate Asda sports leggings for staying up and washing well over the fancy brands. I was really surprised by the unanimous vote!

MulhuddartDrive Sun 29-Oct-17 00:29:32

I got some lovely ones in tesco last year, comfortable, thick and wash well. I'm a short arse and they come just to my ankle.

ThroughThickAndThin01 Sun 29-Oct-17 00:31:34

I have short legs. Nike are the best.

Dafspunk Sun 29-Oct-17 00:32:47

I had some Adidas 3 stripe capris what lasted so long I gave them to charity purely because I was sick of the sight of them - over 10 years of 3+ times use per week.

Dafspunk Sun 29-Oct-17 00:33:05

what? *that

TillyTheTiger Sun 29-Oct-17 00:39:18

I second the Asda sports leggings, high waist and thick waistband. Very good, especially for the price!

GreyOwls Sun 29-Oct-17 05:34:41

Oo! Lurking with interest.

Ive got the Nike leggings but dont like them at all. Theyre too short-waisted and ride down giving me a muffin top when I move. They cut me up too. The legs are baggy around the thigh and knee though. Such a shame.

I had some great leggings from H&M last year but havent been able to find any lycra ones since - just cotton.

Foes anyone know of any spandex-type, shiny leggings with lobg thin legs & a high waist?

MrsMoggy Sun 29-Oct-17 05:55:56

I have some motorun leggings, my Mum got them but I believe you can get them on amazon? Really flattering and don’t get sweaty with them on either

TronaldDump Sun 29-Oct-17 05:59:46

I got some rbx ones from t k Maxx which have a key pocket plus pockets on each leg. They fit well too, really wish I'd bought more, they're perfect for running as I can stash my phone/dog poo bags/keys etc really easily. Normally you just get one tiny key pocket if you're lucky.

Mimifox Sun 29-Oct-17 07:45:48

Got Nike and Sweaty Betty
But on holiday recently hadn't planned on running so bought emergency pair in M&s
£20 ish and better then the pricey ones good high reinforced waist
Thick quality
I bought normal length and fine on me at 5ft 2
Love them

mrsmildred Sun 29-Oct-17 09:57:29

Gap. Sign up for near daily discount codes and wait a few days for a 30-40% one. They do high waisted in full length but also 7/8th and capris which may suit you if you have short legs. I work out almost daily and they wear and wash brilliantly.

Ofthread Sun 29-Oct-17 10:01:01

The best ever are the Victoria's Secret high waisted ones.

MojoMoon Sun 29-Oct-17 10:23:50

I have a nike high rise pair. They wash well and are quite wicking and properly opaque

They are very supportive around the stomach. So much so that I have to wiggle a fair bit to get them on. They certainly aren't going anywhere fast.

I have the Capri ones which come just above my ankle but I have short legs.

KatharinaRosalie Sun 29-Oct-17 13:33:47

Lululemon. The fabric is just right, they don't roll down, come with a drawstring and several pockets for keys and stuff. All I wear now. They do have high waist options, and 7/8 leg

LoniceraJaponica Sun 29-Oct-17 13:59:35

Lurking as well for the good ideas. I am fed up of constantly having to hoik up leggings during a class. I need high waisted ones as well, preferably with a pocket that isn't in the waistband at the back. Who thought up that stupid idea? Exercise always makes my nose run so I need somewhere to put a tissue that is easily accessible.

vlooby Sun 29-Oct-17 15:29:35

Also lurking. Had a c section 8 months ago and my shape has totally changed. It's the slipping down that drives me mad!

AllPizzasGreatAndSmall Sun 29-Oct-17 19:05:08

Nike Epic Run, are lovely and soft, properly opaque and have a wide waistband which is nice and high.

YouLittleWally Sun 29-Oct-17 19:08:30

A runner here. Have a look at tk maxx some bargains in there. I have 2 pairs of sweaty Betty and not as good as my £10-£15 from tk maxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now