Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mulberry Handbags

(10 Posts)
Stopyourhavering Fri 27-Oct-17 23:02:31

I'm in the very fortunate position to be in the market for a gorgeous handbag ( significant birthday and wedding anniversary) and I'm drawn towards Mulberry bags.....so need some advice regarding size of said bag please
I don't like enormous bags as I'm in my 50's now so don't need to lug around a lot of unnecessary stuff
I've seen the Bayswater small and Bayswater mini and like the style and flexibility ( shoulder strap if required) ....does anyone have any experience of these?

Awks Fri 27-Oct-17 23:08:06

I've got 2 Mulberry bags and they look lovely but they're so heavy. So make sure you can deal with that before you spend loads. I'd definitely recommend one with a long strap as my Bayswater is the one that stays in the cupboard the most as it's heavy and inconvenient tbh.

Its fabulous to be able to buy a lovely bag though, enjoy it x

Stopyourhavering Fri 27-Oct-17 23:40:29

Thanks for that info awks what style of Bayswater do you have...I already have a rather large black squashy Mulberry bag , which is unstructured,so not heavy., but would like a tan/ oxblood classic style
My nearest Mulberry stockist is about 60 miles away, but guess I'm going to have to make a trip grin

Dailystuck71 Sat 28-Oct-17 08:50:21

Are you on Facebook? There are around half a dozen or so buying and selling pages.

All very informative and Lots if photos so you can see what styles you like the look of before going 60 miles. Ive got several. Bayswater, Alexa, lily, and clutches.

Stopyourhavering Sat 28-Oct-17 08:58:17

daily yes I'm on FB, I'll check out those pages then and get an idea of what would be good...how do you rate the Bayswater?

verite Sat 28-Oct-17 11:23:14

Mulberry del Rey is my everyday bag. Perfect size, not too big and not heavy at all. I also have a Bayswater and never use it due to weight!

Dailystuck71 Sat 28-Oct-17 15:42:28

I love my bays. It is heavy so I can’t carry huge amounts in it. I’ve had to ditch my filofax diary for a moleskin to help with weight. I do love it and use it most days.

Pages on Facebook to look out for are

Buy sell swap mulberry

New and preloved mulberry under £300

Totally atticted to mulberry under £600

Mu,berry swap and sell

There are others but these would get you started.

WhooooAmI24601 Sat 28-Oct-17 16:06:27

For daytime when I'm with the DCs I use Mitzy hobos with cross body straps or Tillie cross body bags as both are roomy, resilient and light enough to not feel massive when packed with lego/tissues/spare pantaloons. Lilys for evenings and theatre trips.

I've got two Bayswaters and the older style one is much lighter than the newer one. The outlet at York is incredible and the sales assistants there are fab. Bicester village is less impressive and the stock doesn't tend to 'wow' me so much.

ShirleyPhallus Sat 28-Oct-17 16:09:04

I've got a few mulberry bags and they are all gorgeous, have lasted so well and look better as time goes on. I am sure someone will be along to say the quality has gone down (and someone will definitely come along to tell you designer handbags are a waste of money ;) ) but I still love them

The updated Bayswaters with the zip are beautiful

MozzchopsThirty Sat 28-Oct-17 16:10:51

I’ve got a mini Bayswater and I adore it
It’s not heavy at all and is the perfect size for me when travelling for purse, tickets, glasses etc

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now