Talk

Advanced search

Help! I need better nightwear . . .

(44 Posts)
Sadik Fri 27-Oct-17 22:07:47

Apologies for TMI, but after some time single have recently started dating . . . and realised rather suddenly that a ratty charity shop t-shirt and a 20 year old pair of tartan pj bottoms doesn't quite cut it blush

Have had a bit of a browse online and totally failing to find the right sort of thing - definitely not sexy nightwear (very, very not me) but . . . but . . . what??? (Back in the day I'd have worn brushed cotton oversized man's style pjs and looked fabulous regardless. Sadly it doesn't quite cut it now I'm late 40s grin )

JeNeSuisPasVotreMiel Fri 27-Oct-17 22:12:47

I wear real silk tshirts and blouses that I find on ebay.
Or one of bf's shirts.

Sadik Fri 27-Oct-17 22:16:51

Oh, I like the idea of an oversized silk shirt. Sadly not really at the nicking bf's shirts stage of the game yet . . .

Bloomed Fri 27-Oct-17 23:52:26

I would try to still be in your comfort zone. Could you wear nice pjs? Even a set like this m.asos.com/wolf-whistle/wolf-whistle-burgundy-satin-pyjama-set/prd/8235555?clr=burgundy&SearchQuery=&cid=18099&pgesize=150&pge=2&totalstyles=429&gridsize=2&gridrow=52&gridcolumn=2

Bloomed Sat 28-Oct-17 00:06:08

I have these m.asos.com/asos/asos-cherry-blossom-traditional-shirt-trouser-pyjama-set/prd/7701283?clr=multi&cid=18099&pgesize=50&pge=5&totalstyles=383&gridsize=2&gridrow=20&gridcolumn=2

Aureservoir Sat 28-Oct-17 00:10:56

White Company?

Sadik Sat 28-Oct-17 09:20:20

The cherry ones are lovely Bloomed - definitely more my sort of thing than the satin ones. Hadn't thought of ASOS - will have a browse there.

I've looked at White Company Aureservoir having seen them recommended before for pjs on here, but I think the trouble with their stuff is you need to be both younger and taller/classier than me for it to work.

PineappleCake Sat 28-Oct-17 09:23:30

I second white company

Crocky Sat 28-Oct-17 09:29:41

www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10701_10001_151010231153_-1
I like this sort of thing. Lovely and soft.

Chasingsquirrels Sat 28-Oct-17 09:30:02

You do know they aren't going to be interested in your nightwear - they will just want what's inside it.

I went from sleeping naked, to old t-shirts when I had babies and was up in the night, when exH and I split up and I then started seeing late-DH it was either naked or t-shirts. I did buy a set of nicer pj's but I don't like the trousers and the old t-shirts were more comfy so I reverted.
I've just realised they must be over 20 years old!

Unicorn81 Sat 28-Oct-17 09:43:27

Id take a trip to primark, lots to choose from, comfy bottoms and tops or nightshirts

Sadik Sat 28-Oct-17 09:44:44

"You do know they aren't going to be interested in your nightwear - they will just want what's inside it."
grin Squirrels - very true, but still, I would like to look a bit less ratty, especially for the morning-after-lounging-around-drinking-coffee bit.

I'm currently rather taken with these and these - expensive but still . . . from ASOS.

Chasingsquirrels Sat 28-Oct-17 09:55:26

I'm not keen on button up ones myself (back to the being comfy here).
I quite like the purply one linked to earlier.
I got very soft ones from Tesco, actually I got ones with a strappy top and short bottoms, I also got matching long bottoms and a t-shirty top. Several years later, the strappy top, short and long bottoms are all virtually pristine and the well worn t-shirt top was despatched to the bin when it worn through.

Sadik Sat 28-Oct-17 09:56:45

I don't actually wear them in bed (keeping quiet on this as I know sleeping naked is not MN approved) - so buttons not a problem.

RedPanda25 Sat 28-Oct-17 09:57:18

I always get mine from next and they’re very comfortable. Maybe try there?

Excusemyfrench Sat 28-Oct-17 10:02:40

H&M have a good comfy sexy selection. Asos too .

Happy dating ! X

TheGirlOnTheLanding Sat 28-Oct-17 10:03:37

Another vote for Primark. The cotton ones don't look cheap, don't shrink as much as M&S or Next, and you can buy pj bottoms separately to wear with a vest top or cami.

Excusemyfrench Sat 28-Oct-17 10:04:21

The H&M ones will be cheaper than the asos ones by the way ! Sorry only just saw your last post cx

peanutbutter310 Sat 28-Oct-17 10:07:40

I like my Desmond & Dempseys, the top is styled to fit like a mans shirt.

peanutbutter310 Sat 28-Oct-17 10:09:13

Oh, and they are always running offers, so if you browse the site don’t checkout right away - wait for the Facebook ads to start popping up wink

Sadik Sat 28-Oct-17 12:07:00

OK, so trip to Primark in order - any other real life shop suggestions (just remembered I'm off to big city with proper shops next weekend smile )

OlafLovesAnna Sat 28-Oct-17 13:49:46

Sainsbury's- they've got some lovely lounge wear type pjs and night shirts

EllenLydia Sat 28-Oct-17 13:54:33

Hush?

Aureservoir Sat 28-Oct-17 22:09:03

OP: I am neither young nor tall!! But I do know what you mean about White Company. I am a foot too short and a decade too old, really. Hence I wear one of my boyfriend's nightshirts in bed. Ridiculously large, but at least I don't need to be 25 and have perfect highlights and children to wear it grin.

Aureservoir Sat 28-Oct-17 22:11:37

I've just read the rest of this thread. I am such a hopeless case. I wouldn't dream of having breakfast without getting dressed first, as the world might just cave in altogether if I did - but I do sleep naked when with BF. I think this makes me an MN failure all round.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now