Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Anyone tried Trinny London products?

(59 Posts)
TheOtherGirl Fri 27-Oct-17 19:49:17

I follow Trinny on Instagram and luffs her posts very much. She's brilliantly bonkers and a joy to watch.

I'm very tempted to buy her BBF Skin Perfector in Light, and the lip gloss in Demon as these are 'my' colours apparently.

But are they as lovely and effective as they look on Instagram?

LadyOfTheCanyon Fri 27-Oct-17 20:23:42

I find her immensely entertaining but I would no more buy products from her than I would slather sulphuric acid over my face.

She's pleasingly bonkers but she has had a shit tonne of work done to her face, meaning I can't take any of her skincare claims seriously.

LipstickHandbagCoffee Fri 27-Oct-17 20:24:50

Fuck no,she’s a right fright.like a hedgehog in a wind tunnel

ggirl Fri 27-Oct-17 20:40:11

yeh gotta agree with lady , I've watched her videos , the camera is never close enough to see the true effect of anything she puts on her face.

silkpyjamasallday Fri 27-Oct-17 20:42:18

As much as I love her videos, I wouldn't buy her products, as others have said she isn't totally transparent about how much work she has had done and how regularly, which will obviously make a lot more difference to her face than a few pots of cream can.

JMAngel1 Fri 27-Oct-17 21:49:08

I would say she is transparent about what she has had done - she openly admits to Botox, fillers, plasma injections, red light and radio frequency.
She isn't selling skincare, just makeup. I've not bought as all the formulations are cream based and I have super oily skin - but the stackable packaging is novel although I thinkRuby and Millie did similar in the 90s.

ElmerFudge Fri 27-Oct-17 21:55:35

Whatever happened to Ruby & Millie? Is that still a brand?

LipstickHandbagCoffee Fri 27-Oct-17 22:04:47

Ruby & Millie They were on go when I was a teen,they had Lip stain that thinking about it was like benetint before anyone stocked benefit,or at least where I lived.

Timefortea99 Fri 27-Oct-17 22:48:10

I have bought a couple of her lip products. They only arrived today so I have not tried yet. I liked the pot concept, they do stack together, great for travel. She has obviously not stinted on design - the attention to detail is impressive. They were packed in a sturdy posh box, within a box. And within that they were in a monogrammed Jiffy bag - except it was posher and zip locked.

Ilovesliz Fri 27-Oct-17 22:50:08

Blatantly placemarking.

Beketaten Fri 27-Oct-17 23:28:04

I like the concept, but is it any different to decanting products into these stacking pots you can get on the high street?
www.boots.com/boots-stacking-pots-10212537

Intomyarms Fri 27-Oct-17 23:36:28

I am waiting to buy them as soon as I get some money on my credit card!

She is selling make up not skincare so it doesn't matter what procedures she's had done to her own face. Imo she knows her stuff, her products seem to have taken the best bits from expensive products she has used before to create make up that will make people look better using colours that she thinks will suit tones and colouring.

I am very excited about it. Bit miffed it is on the expensive side so I expect I will just be able to afford one product a month. .

TheOtherGirl Sat 28-Oct-17 10:36:22

I have read several articles where she has been open about the cosmetic procedures she's had done. And this is just make up not skincare anyway.

I really like how you can match the products to your colouring.

RonaldMcDonald Sat 28-Oct-17 11:57:18

I'm buying this weekend
She knows her onions and I trust her advice on make up and skincare
I wish I'd had her stuff last weekend when .i made an internal flight as I had to bin some makeup

Housewife2010 Sat 28-Oct-17 15:46:15

It's a good idea which has been done before. I remember my sister having stacking pots of makeup in the 80s. I do think it is expensive. It's going to be £100 for just 4 pots. It's Chanel/Hourglass prices for simple packaging without the reputation or hype. I think that £15 a pot or 3 for £40 would have been better. The whole premise is to have several items packed neatly together but the initial cost will put many people off.

ChardonnaysPrettySister Sat 28-Oct-17 15:52:31

It's really expensive for something that looks a bit cheap and gimmicky. The cardboard boxes look good, but the actual packaging is not good enough.

Also, not being able to try , esp. foundation is not good.

So no, I won't be buying.

Rainbowglow Sat 28-Oct-17 16:13:50

I love Trinny. Deliciously eccentric. The website looks really good. She is very enthusiastic. Personally I am not sold on the stacking system and the lip and cheek shades selected for me are very dark. I agree with other posters about the cosmetics being a little overpriced. But interested to hear feedback on the products.

Liiinoo Sat 28-Oct-17 16:44:34

I liked the concept but the first recommended item I clicked on (a BB cream I think) didn't come in a stacking pot but in a tube which to me defeated the pint of buying the range.

Timefortea99 Sat 28-Oct-17 18:00:26

The BB cream in a tube comes with a pot too that you decant into for travel.

Fosterdog123 Sat 28-Oct-17 18:08:41

She's very watchable and built up a following on social media. There will be an initial flurry of sales from her faithful disciples and then the business will wither and die within 18 months. That's my prediction anyway.

Intomyarms Sun 29-Oct-17 00:27:07

Hopefully she will get them into a bricks and mortar shop. I agree buying foundation online is not ideal and the quantity in the products seems small but she seems confident that they will last six months of daily use. I certainly hope so!

I don't care one bit about the stacking pots if I'm honest. I see why she has done it, but I"d never buy makeup based on its packaging. I think the products will in themselves be decent products. I trust her, sounds crazy when I don't know her, but I like her style, her advice and her refusal to accept sponsorship. If she reviews a product and dislikes it, she says so.

armaghda Sun 29-Oct-17 00:29:40

You can enter your eye/ hair colour, skin tone and then products are recommended.
However my eye colour isn't on the website sad
I have blue/ green eyes. Neither one nor the other.

Intomyarms Sun 29-Oct-17 00:43:24

I have blue/ green eyes. Neither one nor the other.

She covered this in one of her Istagram or FB feeds. I was interested as mine are a mix of blue/gray.. She says that everyone has more of one colour than another and to find out which, they need to get a piece of plain white paper and hold it against their eyes while looking in the mirror. If the eye colour looks more blue than green, go with blue eyes for the colour match and vice versa.

armaghda Sun 29-Oct-17 07:54:38

Thank you Intomyarms

ChardonnaysPrettySister Sun 29-Oct-17 08:03:28

Their cheek contour shade looks right though. The recs were spot on for the eyes as well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now