Talk

Advanced search

Is this suitable for black tie?

(14 Posts)
Smashpumpkin Fri 27-Oct-17 19:02:37

I’m going to a black tie ball and wondered if this was suitable? Does it maybe look a bit too much like a bridesmaids dress?
Thanks!

2014newme Fri 27-Oct-17 19:03:15

If you are tall, slender with thin arms go For it

MargotLovedTom1 Fri 27-Oct-17 19:05:05

Yes, I think you'd need lovely smooth skin on your arms, no back fat and no back zits either wink.

Smashpumpkin Fri 27-Oct-17 19:10:25

I do have some lovely love handles, hoping a spare of Spanx will sort that out though! thlwink

LadyOfTheCanyon Fri 27-Oct-17 19:34:08

Gosh I think that's stunning! Perfectly appropriate.

Smashpumpkin Fri 27-Oct-17 19:35:40

Thank you! May not suit my body shape but will order it and see.

ItsLikeRainOnYourWeddingDay Fri 27-Oct-17 19:36:05

Not bridesmaidsy at all. As long as you have the figure to carry it off it will look gorgeous.

Not that you've asked but I would put your hair up in a sleek bun and go for some neat jewellery. Beautiful.

Coloursthatweremyjoy Fri 27-Oct-17 19:38:09

That is absolutely stunning. Order it and see. Perfect for black tie I'd say.

TheOtherGirl Fri 27-Oct-17 20:05:39

Beautiful. What accessories?

hendricksyousay Fri 27-Oct-17 20:10:42

I’m going to a black tie do next weekend and I’m wearing a very similar dress . You don’t need to be tall to wear it ( I’m not ) but I am an hour glass shape ... it really annoys me when most of Mumsnet say you have to be tall to wear stuff etc . Most women aren’t tall and need to wear dresses !!

Smashpumpkin Fri 27-Oct-17 20:43:23

I’m 5 foot 6 so hoping with a pair of heels I can pull it off. A bit worried it might be right on my tummy as I had DS 7 months ago but again I think Spanx will help me out.

Ooh accessories, I haven’t even thought about that. What colour of bag and shoes do you think?

I really don’t suit my hair up so thinking I’ll have to wear it down.

hendricksyousay Fri 27-Oct-17 20:56:00

I had mine shortened but I’m sure you will be fine ! I’m wearing silver sparkly sandals and some simple drop sparkly earrings .

MMcanny Fri 27-Oct-17 21:01:08

It's fine.

Smashpumpkin Tue 31-Oct-17 13:43:47

The dress came and I love it. Could anyone recommend a bra to wear with it? Thought I could of got away with a normal one but the back is too low.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now