Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Flybe - Are they as dreadful as I think they’re going to be?

(23 Posts)
Itsanicehotel Fri 27-Oct-17 17:22:20

Jet2 have just stopped flying to where my DB lives. The only airline now covering this route from my local airport are Flybe. My DF used to fly to my other DBs with them years ago and they were so flipping unreliable back then. I’ve read some reviews online which have not done much to cheer me up. If you have used Flybe recently how was it? Delays sound to be par for the course along with shite customer service. Am wondering if they’re bad enough to warrant trekking to another airport to go with someone else. That really isn’t a great thought as I’m so near the airport where I live.

Itsanicehotel Fri 27-Oct-17 17:23:56

Arghhh. I thought I was in Chat [Embarrassed]

Ecclesiastes Fri 27-Oct-17 17:24:12

I fly with Flybe regularly - at least once a month. Never any problems. Only slight issue is their hand luggage dimensions are smaller than other low-cost carriers, but from the reliability/customer service point of view I've always found them absolutely fine.

MarmaladeIsMyJam Fri 27-Oct-17 17:25:04

Never had a problem with them!

EvelynWardrobe Fri 27-Oct-17 17:26:07

My experience is that they're no worse than Easyjet. Yes, the overhead bins are smaller, so watch out for that.

Now, would you like advice on your flying outfit? grin

ilovecherries Fri 27-Oct-17 17:26:10

I fly with them fairly regularly and find them no worse than any other budget airline. Although I do think Jet2 are the best of them.

ilovecherries Fri 27-Oct-17 17:28:04

grin Evelyn, I was just about to mention the necessity for harem trousers, layered tops and a cashmere pashmina though!

Itsanicehotel Fri 27-Oct-17 17:37:01

Lol. Thank you all so much. I might need tips on clothes that fold up very small if they are stingy with baggage allowance. Jet2 were soooo generous. 10kg hand luggage and 22 for hold. I nearly always managed with hand luggage. Not sure I’ll get away with that with Flybe.

Itsanicehotel Fri 27-Oct-17 17:37:27

I look a git in harems though smile

EvelynWardrobe Fri 27-Oct-17 17:38:10

I was thinking more this type of thing. More hats and gloves for air travel, I say. grin

EvelynWardrobe Fri 27-Oct-17 17:39:45

X-posted. Pack all your belongings into the hat. Simple.

You might want to google the size of hand baggage, it's not just the weight that is the issue, the bag itself needs to be smaller.

CMOTDibbler Fri 27-Oct-17 17:44:33

I fly FlyBe a lot for work as its convenient - I never have any problems, and you only get small overhead bins on the small planes which are on the short routes. About the worst I can say is that if its a busy flight they often will take your hand luggage and put it in the hold at the gate - which is only annoying as then I have to carry my laptop in my hand

madrose Fri 27-Oct-17 17:46:07

I have found their customer service to be outstanding.

LadyKyliePonsonbyFarquhar Fri 27-Oct-17 17:49:49

I use them regularly and have no complaints.

problembottom Fri 27-Oct-17 17:53:27

I visit relatives in Belfast and Milan regularly with FlyBe and really like them, can't remember ever having a problem. Better than Easyjet and Ryanair.

archersfan3 Fri 27-Oct-17 17:53:51

Most importantly.... they have purple planes!! (toddler and I may have got a bit overexcited about this...)

ilovecherries Fri 27-Oct-17 17:54:25

Last week though when they were taking luggage off people at the gate, one guy was giving the staff grief about how outrageous it was and they needed to take lessons from BA. I'm not quite sure how the woman refrained from telling him to pay the extra £400 and fly with BA if if felt so strongly. He left threatening a terrible review and a letter to the CEO grin

Chewbecca Fri 27-Oct-17 17:57:37

They're fine! Better than Ryanair and similar to EasyJet IMO. Though the smaller cabin bag allowable size is v annoying.

Itsanicehotel Fri 27-Oct-17 18:03:11

Apart from stingy hand luggage I feel greatly resssured after reading your experiences (and those in Chat. Though I got more replies on here !).
Will I be overdressed on a budget airline if I wear that Evelyn. I wouldn’t want to stand out like a sore thumb if everyone else’s is in jeans and a puffer jacket. But the hat could be v useful as could hopefully pack a pashmina in it if it were big enough. I will miss jet2s generous allowance. It was insane what I took as hand luggage on there. One big rucksack packed to the rafters and a cabin bag that was so big no one believed it WAS a cabin bag. Except jet2 who never, ever questioned it.

BWatchWatcher Fri 27-Oct-17 19:59:33

Flybe are actually really good!

Therealslimshady1 Fri 27-Oct-17 22:07:04

I fly Flybe 4 times a year, over the last 10 years I have had only 1 cancellation (=6 hour delay) which I got fully refunded.

I think they are a good airline!

Itsanicehotel Fri 27-Oct-17 22:27:55

Wow. Am going to stop worrying now. Thanks everyone.

brogueish Fri 27-Oct-17 23:20:21

Hmm I use them fairly regularly and I may be spectacularly unlucky but I don't think I've ever had a flight with them leave on time...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now