Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Eyeliner for waterline

(34 Posts)
Puddinchops Fri 27-Oct-17 16:56:03

I need an eyeliner that will stay put on my waterline - does this exist? The one I've got is off within minutes (Rimmel and apparently waterproof hmm ) any suggestions? Thanks grin

Sarahlouiseis33 Fri 27-Oct-17 19:55:38

Watching this thread with interest. I have tried Clarins waterproof eye pencil, Benefit Badgal waterproof eye pencil and Clinique High Impact Kajal pencil. None last on my waterline!!!

TheOtherGirl Fri 27-Oct-17 19:58:16

I can help here. I use the Rimmel waterproof black eyeliner pencil. The trick is to apply it once, wait a few seconds then reapply once or twice more.

Then it should last a good few hours. Remember to wipe the corners of your eyes though, and your lower waterline as the liner can smudge onto them.

TheOtherGirl Fri 27-Oct-17 20:03:28

Here's a close up of my eye, and I tightlined about 5 hours ago. Could do with a touch up but it's lasted pretty well.

AccrualIntentions Fri 27-Oct-17 20:05:27

Bit pricey, but the Charlotte Tilbury Rock N Kohl one stays put really well on me.

Gobbolinothewitchscat Fri 27-Oct-17 20:20:13

theothergirl - that doesnt look like a waterline line or has it all come off?

Agree charlotte tilbury is good but i think you have to be resigned to touch ups; particularly when it's cold and windy and eyes water more

LipstickHandbagCoffee Fri 27-Oct-17 20:20:57

Soap & glory kohl eyeliner I’d fab,soft and easy to apply.lasts for hours

Evewasinnocent Fri 27-Oct-17 22:12:43

bobby brown works pretty well for me

Noeuf Fri 27-Oct-17 22:14:55

I use urban decay which lasts brilliantly but is very soft so the pencil snaps.

LipstickHandbagCoffee Fri 27-Oct-17 22:16:09

Yes Bobbi brown and double wear eyeliner pencil,also lancome art liner simply doesn’t shift(but you need a steady hand and allow drying time)

Lottapianos Fri 27-Oct-17 22:36:52

Watching with interest. I have several allegedly waterproof eyeliners and they all smudge like hell on my waterlines

TheOtherGirl Fri 27-Oct-17 22:39:31

gobbolino I thought tightlining just meant doing the inside rim of your upper lid? Didn't realise it meant the rim of your lower lid. I never do my lower lid as I have quite small eyes and it just makes them look smaller.

MaryLennoxsScowl Fri 27-Oct-17 23:48:53

Laura Mercier do a nice one.

EyebrowRaise Sat 28-Oct-17 00:05:35

The op didn't ask about tightlining, TheOtherGirl, and they said they didn't get on with the Rimmel one. Nice smokey eye though. I also recommend the Laura Mercier, and the Charlotte Tillbury, and sunglasses if it's windy.

EyebrowRaise Sat 28-Oct-17 00:17:55

Oh and the urban decay sketch marker is a good stay put waterproof one, if you dare put that pointed tip near your eyeball.

BitOfFun Sat 28-Oct-17 00:26:59

Is this slightly clearer? I've marked the bit I mean. I've used a Rodial pencil I got free with a magazine, but if you don't blink while it sets, it shouldn't really transfer with any eyeliner, as long as you don't overdo it.

AFrayedKnott Sat 28-Oct-17 00:40:52

WOWZERS, BOF. That’s the way to do it!

Beautiful eyes, btw.

mintmagnummm Sat 28-Oct-17 07:09:48

Mac kohl pencil is good for waterline. Clinique quickliner was crap for waterline though so don't try that one!

TheOtherGirl Sat 28-Oct-17 10:32:41

Well pardon me eyebrow hmm

Actually using an eyeliner pencil on your waterline is called 'tightlining'.

And I get very good results with the Rimmel pencil when I draw 2-3 layers of it, allowing it to dry between. Which is why I saw fit to mention it because the OP was only applying it once I think?

Noeuf Sat 28-Oct-17 12:27:49

Hi the other girl, hope you don’t mind as I’ve drawn on you!
Arrow shows the waterline bit - yours looks like it’s in the lash line rather than the pink bit next to your eyeball. Think that’s the confusion?

Housewife2010 Sat 28-Oct-17 12:35:23

Tightlining is when you colour the base of the upper lashes, but not the actual upper waterline. I really like the effect when the Laura Mercier and Bobbi Brown counters have done it to me but it hasn't felt very comfortable whilst I've been wearing it. I am aware that it is there. It would be easier for me to just line the upper waterline but wouldn't that transfer to the lower waterline? I definitely wouldn't want any colour on my lower waterline as that makes my eyes look smaller.

Thankyoucomeagain Sat 28-Oct-17 13:10:38

Yes TheOtherGirl you have ruined the whole thread grin
Seriously op, just go and test some on the back of your hand and see which ones have better pigment and staying power.

fairgame84 Sat 28-Oct-17 13:13:24

I've got the Eyeko sport waterproof liner and it seems to stay put.

EyebrowRaise Sat 28-Oct-17 14:00:29

Oh, I'm sorry, TheOtherGirl, I thought the op was referring to colouring the actual waterline, rather than the upper lash line. I do like they grey you have used though, it suits your ashy tones. I have very blue eyes and go for a plummy colour, or green, though I'm told I should go for warmer tones.

jjforking Sat 28-Oct-17 14:02:21

Ooooh, my first ever mumsnet! I love tightlining eyes, they look gorgeous. It is drawing eyeliner on the inside lash line, or the waterline.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now