Talk

Advanced search

R.I.P my skinny jeans...

(9 Posts)
manchesteruntied Fri 27-Oct-17 16:01:39

...me and my skinnies are breaking up, after many happy years together :-(

I am only 10 weeks and in reasonable (if somewhat squidgy shape) but still they have been uncomfortable to the point of no return, I am bereft.

Please help me find a decent maternity replacement! I have been looking at New Look and Asos (I don't have a fortune to spend) but I haven't a clue where to start confused

BikeRunSki Fri 27-Oct-17 16:03:54

H&M do some great skinny maternity jeans.
Seraphine are lovely too, but pricey. But if you’re only 10 weeks yiy’ll Get a lot of use out of them.

TheNewMrs Fri 27-Oct-17 16:12:32

Yes H&M!
I too had been living in leggings from about 9 weeks as my jeans were far too uncomfortable. Bought some black skinnies from H&M and very impressed

manchesteruntied Fri 27-Oct-17 16:24:05

thank you smile I will try H+M!

I was feeling a bit of a failure because while googling for mat jeans I stumbled across some blogs along the lines of "...in size 8 clothes until went into labour, then was back in size 0 jeans minutes after delivery of twins" etc etc...which is lovely for them, but not really all that helpful for mere mortal mummies like me lol smile

CountFosco Fri 27-Oct-17 16:40:59

At only 10 weeks with your first child maternity jeans will probably drown you, you are going to get a lot bigger! Wearing long tops and having the top button undone and using a hairband to hold things together will help for a bit then there are various extenders to do the job for a bit longer. Or you could buy a pair of jeans in a bigger size since you might need them post baby as well (although if you don't put on any underlying weight you'll be back to normal size pretty quickly, I was back in my normal clothes after all 3 of mine in a matter of days and then shrank while BFing).

manchesteruntied Fri 27-Oct-17 19:13:01

it's only cuz I'm really uncomfortable, I haven't put masses of weight on (due to not being able to keep anything down... TMI....) but on the advice of the previous posters I just got a pair of skinnies from H+M in the sale (£10, free delivery!) but if they are big and I have to wait to use them it's not the end of the world.

Just so bored of leggings!!

cheeriosatdawn Fri 27-Oct-17 19:20:24

H&M for sure!

Lidlfix Fri 27-Oct-17 19:29:29

Size up in jeggings? You’ll have the elasticated waisted but jean style legs and pockets. M and S £15 are decent and you could use them again in the post birth chunky weeks when you’d rather burn maternity gear than wear it but pre pregnancy wardrobe still a while away.

manchesteruntied Wed 08-Nov-17 20:31:15

Thanks everyone for the H&M recommendation they came last week and i love them! I feel a bit like an actual person in them :-o . Thank you so much for the advice :-) xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now