Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Handbag for a 15 year old

(17 Posts)
Ookmybanana Fri 27-Oct-17 11:29:43

I would like to buy my niece a handbag for Christmas but I have absolutely no clue as to what type of style is fashionable. I know what I like, but fear it may condemn her to teenage fashion purgatory! I'm looking to spend £50- £75.

Please can anyone guide me in the right direction for brands and styles? I've noticed a lot of Michael Kors but those are a little out of my budget range.

HotelEuphoria Fri 27-Oct-17 11:32:30

Will a 15 year old use a "handbag"? DD bought herself at 16 a really nice small and suede black leather rucksack which cost about £55 and she still uses it 4 years later as an everyday bag for her keys, rail pass, kindle, purse, tampons etc

Ookmybanana Fri 27-Oct-17 14:45:43

I'm not sure! She did ask for one although perhaps something like the suede rucksack might be more suitable. I think the problem is that she doesn't seem sure either. Sigh! I'll think I'll need to go back and ask for clarification!

OnASummersDay Fri 27-Oct-17 14:54:20

www.fiorelli.com/handbags.html

How about Fiorelli? They are quite 'adult' so it depends how mature/trendy she is, but there are a few in your price range!

Nowwhyareyoucrying Fri 27-Oct-17 15:11:23

I was going to say a small slouchy rucksack too, as a pp has suggested. Although I guess it depends on her style.

Topshop usually have a few, or ASOS.

VivaLeBeaver Fri 27-Oct-17 16:06:25

You need to ask her.

Dd loves the fjallraven backpacks and also ted baker handbags. But others might not.

Dancergirl Fri 27-Oct-17 17:25:18

hotel do you have a link to the rucksack please, it sounds lovely!

Oblomov17 Fri 27-Oct-17 17:35:33

Many of the girls here, in Year 9 have a Micheal Kors bag. Not a fake, a real one. I was shock

thecatfromjapan Fri 27-Oct-17 17:40:10

I'd play safe and look on the Topshop website, if I were you.

ilovecherries Fri 27-Oct-17 17:42:44

I bought my niece a sweaty Betty rucksack. She appears to use it all the time, she's always got it with her in FB photos - so I don't THINK she was just being polite in her enthusiasm for it.

ilovecherries Fri 27-Oct-17 17:45:50

This one. (it's quite roomy though, so maybe bigger than she wants) www.sweatybetty.com/clothes/accessories/bags/black-all-sport-backpack/

thecatfromjapan Fri 27-Oct-17 17:56:35

Ooh! I like that Sweaty Betty rucksack! I think my dd would love that. smile

MamaOfTwos Fri 27-Oct-17 18:23:22

If you're near Bicester or similar, a nice Kate spade is £60-80 and Michael Kors £80-120

LadyOfTheCanyon Fri 27-Oct-17 20:04:09

I would just flat out ask her. 15 year olds are notoriously picky - it might be that she assumes you would know what she likes and not get that you might flounder. I think most 15 year olds would like something slouchy looking from a funky brand (can't help you there though!)

LadyOfTheCanyon Fri 27-Oct-17 20:05:04

That said, that SweatyBetty rucksack is GREAT.

repetitionrepetition Sat 28-Oct-17 04:08:11

i wouldn’t bother without asking her. she’s 15 you’ll never get it right.

Ookmybanana Sat 28-Oct-17 10:16:05

Thank you for your suggestions. I'll try and get something more than 'not sure' out of her!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now