Talk

Advanced search

32 and I need help!

(4 Posts)
Plasticgold Fri 27-Oct-17 09:45:47

I had my second child a year ago and just can't find who I am style wise anymore. I'm on a limited budget but have just got some birthday money. Everything I put on seems mumsy and old or I feel ridiculous. Please help! I want to look stylish and cool again!!

Mrsallovertheplace Fri 27-Oct-17 09:55:48

I was in your position, what helped me was browsing through pinterest and pinning lots of things I liked, so for example autumn looks I loved and thought would work to hide my mum tum were layers on top that were loose, tended to be skinnies on bottom half with Chelsea boots or converse and simple jewellery. I noticed I tended to pin the same pieces for most seasons so worked through my closet to keep the pieces I liked and shopped for the staples I wanted. It did involve trial and error and things sent back but ended up with mostly a wardrobe that works and bits that interchange. Also take a look at 333 challenge and capsule wardrobes. I think when you're a parent especially you need to be able to make lots of outfits from few pieces.

Good luck x

Plasticgold Fri 27-Oct-17 14:32:28

Thanks.

My wardrobe needs a good filter. I tend to have a mum uniform - skinny jeans, stripy t shirt and ankle boots but I'm just bored of it!

Need to get a good hair cut and colour too as that'll help

soundsystem Fri 27-Oct-17 14:35:31

No advise but I could have written your post. I'm definitely in a stripy top rut at the moment!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now