Talk

Advanced search

Are dungaree dresses just for small thin people?

(6 Posts)
Candlelight234 Thu 26-Oct-17 19:56:59

I've coveted one, either a denim nor cord pinafore, since last year. I resolved if I lost weight I would buy one.
However, now I've lost weight I've had second thoughts. I'm 40, 5'9" and Size 16, I fear I will still look ridiculous.
Are they just for petite thinner folk do you think???

Ummmmgogo Thu 26-Oct-17 19:59:27

no wear what you like. I hate this mentality that everyone over size 8 has to just wear a sack. If you hold your head up and smile you will look wonderful xx

BuzzKillington Thu 26-Oct-17 20:01:15

Well, everything looks better on a thinner person, let's be honest.

But that's no reason not to wear one if you like them and I don't think you'd look ridiculous.

crocodarl Thu 26-Oct-17 20:02:56

No, they're not. Wear it with a pretty long sleeved top under it, plus plain leggings and boots. I'm 38 and I'm not petite, I have a cord one and it's (in my opinion) both practical and flattering. All the comfort of leggings, but with the dodgy bits covered and the conveniance of pockets. What's not to like? Do it.

chipsandgin Thu 26-Oct-17 20:35:53

I'm 5'11, 46 and size 16 18 and in denial, I have bought one in a size 14, which I know is not generally a good idea - but I love it and when I am a 14 again I will wear it... However, I have seen them on tall and not totally skinny women and thought they looked fab <not helping, sorry>

Candlelight234 Thu 26-Oct-17 20:59:59

Thanks everyone, I might try one on with my boots and see how it looks, I've dieted from a size 24 and still very unsure about clothes etc

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now