Talk

Advanced search

Any skin care buffs about? Skin care regime

(7 Posts)
Checkedstripes Thu 26-Oct-17 17:13:18

Does this sound like my face will fall off like too much for a skin care regime?

AM: Cleanse & sunscreen before make up

PM: Double cleanse (Nivea and then Nip&Fab cleansers), Nip&Fab 2% exfoliating pads (alternate nights The Ordinary 23% Vic C) The Ordinary 'Buffet' and then L'oreal aqua genius moisturiser.

TIA smile

AnaViaSalamanca Thu 26-Oct-17 17:26:06

I am not familiar with your products, but are you exfoliating every night? If it was me I would add some eye cream and some serum before the moisturizer.

mrslebon Thu 26-Oct-17 18:19:41

In the AM, I add a light serum before moisturiser. The Superdrug Simply Pure does the job.

In the PM, I'm not sure what the Nivea cleanser is like that you are using. Personally I prefer a cleansing balm (I use Clinique Take the Day Off Balm) and then second cleanse with a cream cleanser. I use the Nip+Fab pads too but the extreme ones (5%) and then I use the Ordinary Vit C stuff once a week. In my view, it's a bit harsh to use every other night. Your serum is the Buffet so that's fine. Depending on your skin type, you might want to add in some hyaluronic acid after the serum? Again, depending on your skin type, you might want to use a face oil as a final step if you need extra hydration and 'glow'? The Clarins Lotus oil is fab.

mrslebon Thu 26-Oct-17 18:20:46

P.S. I'm not a skincare buff by the way, but have been following the skincare threads on here. Interested to see what others suggest but much will depend on your skin type and age to an extent.

Checkedstripes Thu 26-Oct-17 18:56:00

I have to be careful with the cleansers as any containing oil or alcohol break my skin out. My moisturiser - the aqua genius one does have hyaluronic acid so my hope is I’m covering all bases. I’ll remember about using the vit c one a week (skin doesn’t like anything too strong!) although am I right in thinking vit c products go off after a while?

Checkedstripes Thu 26-Oct-17 21:29:49

Hopeful bump?

mrslebon Thu 26-Oct-17 21:40:10

My Vit C has definitely gone off! Buying a new one when I'm at The Ordinary shop next week!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now