Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Interview outfit help, please

(6 Posts)
KittyB52 Thu 26-Oct-17 15:31:46

I have an interview next week and I am stuck for an outfit. I wore a navy dress and ‘nude’ shoes to my last interview and in hindsight, it was more ‘weddingy’ than interview.

I would ideally like:
- outfit to go with a pair of loafers I already own (dark red, comfortable, smart) - navy or dark grey, I guess?
- something that could be worn again if I get the job
- not too expensive - I am on mat. leave and can’t afford to splurge
- something vaguely flattering for a short, plump, pear shaped women in her forties. grin

AnaViaSalamanca Thu 26-Oct-17 18:12:58

what industry? navy dress and nude shoes seem perfect.

If you are looking to buy, get a blazer that can be worn with various things, gap trousers, a floaty top and keep your nude heels.

Check out emmanuelle alt for inspiration. And good luck

KittyB52 Thu 26-Oct-17 19:46:34

It’s for a technical role in an engineering company.

This is the dress. For some reason, I felt really frumpy and dumpy in it. I was talked into it by a JL personal shopper - it’s really not me.

Have looked up Emmanuelle Alt - I think her legs are about the same height as me! grin She does do a good blazer though. Nice shoes too.

KittyB52 Sun 29-Oct-17 11:07:58

Update - I ordered a couple of pairs of trousers and jackets from DP. And while the fit is good, they were not actual suits as there were no petite suit options in styles I would consider wearing (aka skinny leg nonsense) and they are verrrrrry slightly different shades of black - it might just be the finish of the fabric.

Will an interviewer care/notice/report me to the fashion police? grin

Chewbecca Sun 29-Oct-17 11:13:34

I don't think a matching suit is needed at all but I wouldn't do two diffferent shades of black.

Plain trousers or the original dress with a different coloured jacket would be good.

KittyB52 Sun 29-Oct-17 11:27:52

The dress is navy and the jackets I have are black. The jacket I originally wore with the dress was a beige-cream colour (hence me feeling it was more of a wedding outfit).

What colour jacket could I wear with black trousers (assuming I could find one somewhere today)?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now