Talk

Advanced search

Ankle boots

(24 Posts)
allegretto Thu 26-Oct-17 11:11:18

I need to look smart for work and often wear skirts but find heels and ballerina pumps too painful and brogues too boring. What sort of ankle boots do you think go well with tights and skirts? Any opinions on these:
www.boden.co.uk/en-gb/womens-shoes-boots/boots/a0034-blk/womens-black-alford-ankle-boots

BikeRunSki Thu 26-Oct-17 11:13:20

I love those, and wear ankle boots for the same reasons. Shame Boden dont cater for my giant size 9/43 feet.

mrsdane Thu 26-Oct-17 11:22:18

Following, I'm keen for a similar pair. They are nice, but I'm never keen on a contrast heel in boots. Have you seen these Ecco boots - gb.ecco.com/product/5638544959 ?

beela Thu 26-Oct-17 11:59:53

Also following.

How about these?
www.houseoffraser.co.uk/shoes-and-boots/dune-wf-pontoon-wide-fit-stacked-heel-side-zip-ankle-b/d830386.pd#271686041

www.houseoffraser.co.uk/shoes-and-boots/carvela-sonic-ankle-boots/d849557.pd#280012869

www.toms.co.uk/featured-shops/forest-suede-womens-leila-booties

Do you think I could wear any of these with skinny jeans??

allegretto Thu 26-Oct-17 12:25:10

I like the Carvela ones!

foxychox Thu 26-Oct-17 12:28:49

For something dressier what about these? www.houseoffraser.co.uk/shoes-and-boots/kg-ringo-zip-up-ankle-boots/d744276.pd#256216685,q=ringo-boots
The slimmer ankle is quite flattering with midi skirts...

HaHaHmm Thu 26-Oct-17 12:29:19

How about these from Ash? A bit more than the Boden ones but I have worn my Jalouses to death and they still look good.

wineandworkout Thu 26-Oct-17 12:34:49

I have these - v comfortable www.sorelfootwear.co.uk/womens-lolla-ankle-boot-1690631.html?cgid=women&dwvar_1690631_variationColor=227#eid=Google+Adwords+UK&gclid=CjwKCAjwj8bPBRBiEiwASlFLFYoJJrzlwwCd6id-VLkcz_Do2NShqjilBulndkSbtvZPuczrhZGQKRoCLVEQAvD_BwE&nid=GSN_UK-EN_Brand_Others&mid=paidsearch&oid=UK-EN_Brand_Others_Mispellings&did=sorels&start=0

M&S have a good selection along the lines you're looking at too.

SemperTemper Thu 26-Oct-17 12:37:01

I like them, OP.

allegretto Thu 26-Oct-17 12:41:41

I hadn't thought of M & S - thanks! I like these:

www.marksandspencer.com/wide-fit-block-heel-four-button-ankle-boots/p/p60111646?image=SD_01_T02_7114W_Y0_X_EC_90&color=BLACK&prevPage=srp#bvHeader

FiddleFigs Thu 26-Oct-17 12:43:17

I bought the Dune Pontoon boots in dark taupe and wear them with skinny jeans, rolled cuff mom jeans, skirts and dresses. Really versatile and the colour goes with everything. They come in black too. And on sale at the moment.

chloechloe Thu 26-Oct-17 12:45:23

I like them OP.

BUT after reading a comment from another MNer, I think that boots with a dip at the front (rather than being cut straight across) are much more flattering with skirts and tights. I've recently got into the whole skirts and ankle boots thing but I'm not convinced it's the must flattering look as it can shorten the leg, even with black boots and black opaques.

I was umming over whether to buy these but took too long and now my size has sold out:

sevenbootlane.com/collections/boots/products/grace-black-leather

MartinRohdesBellybuttonFluff Thu 26-Oct-17 13:47:12

I have completely bought into the v at the front of the boot being far more flattering to my legs than straight cut.

I have a couple of different pairs but these boots are 25% off in Boden (until midnight) and then reduced at a smaller rate after that.

BikeSkiRun mine are very large fitting. Maybe the 8.5 would fit you if you like them?

MartinRohdesBellybuttonFluff Thu 26-Oct-17 13:48:55

Sorry, meant to attach an image...

BikeRunSki Thu 26-Oct-17 15:44:43

Thank you Martin, but no thanks. I’m sorted now.

chloechloe Thu 26-Oct-17 16:37:15

martin It may well be you who commented about the V being more flattering. Thanks for the Boden link. Am going to order them to try as I have the 25% code and returns are super easy!

Dancergirl Thu 26-Oct-17 19:04:32

I love some of these ankle boots!

But I have quite a few pairs already, not sure I can justify another pair.

I've posted about knee high boots for wearing with dresses and tights, or are they a fashion no-no now?

I've never thought of wearing ankle boots with dresses, does it work?

chloechloe Thu 26-Oct-17 21:13:41

Gah! I've ordered the Boden boots, together with another pair of boots and some shoes. They're not in stock for 5 weeks though!

chloechloe Thu 26-Oct-17 21:17:10

dancer I'm new to the skirts and ankle boots too but it seems to be on trend now, with knee high boots going out. It's a shame as I love a pair of skinnies with knee boots in winter.

I think it does work but you need to have the right boot. Like I said above, I'm not too keen on it when the boots are cut straight across - I think it's really unforgiving, even with slim legs.

beela Thu 26-Oct-17 21:44:11

So.... skinnies and ankle boots. What do you do with the ends of the jeans? Tuck them in? Roll them up??

ChinUpChestOut Thu 26-Oct-17 22:08:19

beela depends on how skinny your skinnies are. You don't want them bunched up inside your ankle boot. For the most part, I'd say they look better with a small roll up so they sit just above the top of your boot. A little flash of skin is fine. Your woolly sock - less so, so you need to wear a shorter ankle sock and keep them below the top of the boot.

Brokenbutbreathing Thu 26-Oct-17 22:13:55

I’ve got the (higher) Boden ones and I love them! With both jeans and skirts of course smile

beela Thu 26-Oct-17 22:17:00

Thanks chinup. smile

Dancergirl Thu 26-Oct-17 23:55:19

With ankle boots and skirts/dresses, how do you coordinate colour with tights? I mainly wear black opaques, sometimes navy...but I can't wear grey or brown boots with those can I?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now