Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Auburn hair dye came out black!

(5 Posts)
ColinsVeryJolly Thu 26-Oct-17 01:01:23

I've been growing out my previous dark brown dye for ages. It had faded lots and I had a lot of natural hair regrowth. So I decided the time was right to whack on a different colour. I decided on a nice rich auburn/mahogany colour that works on all shades including dark brown.

It's come out frickin' black!

I must've left it on too long.

As it's a red toned dye will it wash out and fade quickly? I've been growing out my dark colour for ages so I'm gutted to be back to black 😔

PointlessUsername Thu 26-Oct-17 01:16:27

It depends on the base shade 10 being the lightest and 1 being the darkest so if the dye was 3,5 say it would come out darker than a 6.5.

Saying that the red tones will wash out pretty fast as red does.
You can wait a few weeks for it to fade and dye it a shade or two lighter or use a colour remover and start again.

Stick to a lighter base for the next colour and it should be fine.

youvegottobekidding Fri 27-Oct-17 08:55:10

If you really can't bear the darkness, you can remove the dye using the Vitamin C & Shampoo removal method, google it for how to do it, you'll need a tube of those effervescent Vitamin C tablets, a bottle of clarifying shampoo or head & shoulders. It should remove any hair dye, I've used this method several times & it's worked for me, cheaper than Colour B4. Can be a little drying so make sure you condition after.

hazeyjane Fri 27-Oct-17 08:57:18

This happened to me once when I used to dye my hair. Washing it about 50 times with head and shoulders helped!

ColinsVeryJolly Fri 27-Oct-17 09:09:28

Thanks for all your help guys.

I had a good hair cut yesterday so I'm feeling a bit more positive about the colour now too, it looks good now it's shorter.

I have got some head and shoulders though so will try that with some Vit C tablets if I get annoyed. flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now