Talk

Advanced search

My face cream makes me sweat!

(9 Posts)
doubleristretto Wed 25-Oct-17 12:21:56

I've been using Nivea Cellular anti-age day cream on alternative days (after a summer of gradual tanning cream) and I can definitely say that it gives me the sweats! I'm off into town now, please could anyone recommend a good cream to buy? I want an SPF of about 15 and nothing too heavy, I'm 40 but still prone to the odd spot. Thank you!

Nettletheelf Wed 25-Oct-17 12:47:33

I am intrigued. How does face cream make you sweat? What’s sweating, just your face where the cream has been?

I like Boots time delay SPF 15 day cream, for what it’s worth.

doubleristretto Wed 25-Oct-17 12:58:58

Yes! Face and neck! It's only if I'm hot but it makes me sweat loads which I always thought was just me but I realise now that it doesn't happen on days when I've used the gradual tanner. I remember being told when I was in a very hot, humid country that the ex-pats stopped using body cream as it helped with the sweating.

OlennasWimple Wed 25-Oct-17 13:05:17

I seldom use face cream now (I'm in a hot country) as it makes me sweat too

(Sorry, not much help)

rightknockered Wed 25-Oct-17 13:09:35

You don't have to use moisturiser. You could just use an SPF for the face, in place of moisturiser.

doubleristretto Wed 25-Oct-17 13:16:11

That's a revolutionary thought, rightknockered, I've used moisturiser on my face since I was about 10, on the advice of Joan Collins! Won't I age horribly without?

doubleristretto Wed 25-Oct-17 13:18:00

Olennas I feel you! I had awful neck sweats in Jones Bootmaker yesterday, it was horrid blush

rightknockered Wed 25-Oct-17 13:20:42

Try just using a serum, you may find it's enough. And then just use a facial sunblock. Moisturiser isn't really necessary. How does your skin feel without it?

doubleristretto Wed 25-Oct-17 13:29:20

A serum! I've never been sure what they're for, thank you, I'll give it a go. My face always feels really, distractingly, tight if I don't use moisturiser but I haven't tried alternatives. The non-sweaty cream I've been using is Olay Complete Everyday Sunshine in light and did add a really nice bit of colour for the summer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now