Talk

Advanced search

Wardrobe clean out - still full

(8 Posts)
skunkrat Tue 24-Oct-17 14:51:14

shockblush

Just spent 3 hours clearing wardrobe, I have filled 2 rubbish bags and 3 charity shop bags and it is still full. Any tips to de clutter even more?

BexleyRae Tue 24-Oct-17 14:54:16

You need to be brutal, don't over think too much. I go with the thought "do I like how I look in this?". If the answer is no, then out it goes, even if I liked how I looked in it a week ago.

randomsabreuse Tue 24-Oct-17 14:57:11

Think about keeping what you love rather than what fits.

PNGirl Tue 24-Oct-17 15:04:32

Get rid of anything which you don't love but feel is too new/good condition to get rid of. The money is already wasted!

Check for underarm bobbles on tops. Get rid of those too.

Nellyphants Tue 24-Oct-17 16:15:32

I have lots of stuff I wore years ago but just won't wear again. It suited my lifestyle then but not now. Get rid of any of this stuff

Doobigetta Tue 24-Oct-17 16:41:12

I was thinking today, I have a little jeans ritual I do twice a year:

- Get 3 pairs of brand new/barely worn bootcut jeans (bought just at the point I abandoned bootcuts for skinnies) out of box under bed.
- Try on. Be pleased that they do up, or vow to step up the fast days if they don't.
- Check mirror, and laugh at ridiculousness of bootcut jeans.
- Put bootcut jeans on "throw" pile.
- Have second thoughts because they're nearly new and everyone keeps saying they're coming back in.
- Return bootcut jeans to box under bed just in case.

skunkrat Tue 24-Oct-17 17:47:50

Good advice here - going to give it another week then re look 👀

relaxitllbeok Tue 24-Oct-17 20:22:52

Doobigetta's scheme sounds as though the trousers are useful, even if not as clothes! I have some like that too. we

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now