Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Eyebrows

(9 Posts)
Maplestaple Tue 24-Oct-17 11:18:55

What do you ask for if you want your eyebrows made darker and in a nice shape? Also how long does that sort of thing take to do.

It's not for me btw grin

Judydreamsofhorses Tue 24-Oct-17 11:29:47

I get mine threaded once a fortnight - I don’t touch them in between, and just ask for “a tidy up”. Mine grow at an alarming rate and are so strong they frequently snap the thread which is slightly embarrassing. The place I go to tint, but I do mine myself.

MightyMunki Tue 24-Oct-17 14:51:15

Normally just ask for a tidy up and tell them not to go too thin. I tried tinting for the first time recently, looked good but lasted maybe 2 days. Maybelline do a 3 day eyebrow tattoo that looks good, I’ve been eyeing it up to try at home. What do you use at home Judy?

LittleWitch Tue 24-Oct-17 14:58:00

I get mine threaded every couple of weeks and like Judy I don't touch them in between. I ask for just a tidy up and not much out, but to be fair, they know what the fashion is just now so they do work towards thicker, more defined brows. I'm dark haired anyway, so don't have them dyed.

IMO eyebrows are a job for a professional, which is why I leave mine alone.

bellsandwhistles89 Tue 24-Oct-17 15:05:02

Eyebrow shape and tint, I get mine waxed and they just follow the natural shape of the eyebrows but tidy them up. I also get them tinted dark brown but never black. It probably takes about 20 minutes depending on the therapist.

papayasareyum Tue 24-Oct-17 17:47:23

I get mine threaded but no tint. The tint doesn’t last very long at all. I use eyebrow mascara, gives a far more natural result than any other eyebrow product I’ve used.

Judydreamsofhorses Tue 24-Oct-17 23:17:11

munki I use the same stuff they use at the brow place! It’s called Strictly Professional and I buy it on Amazon. I do my lashes blue/black, brows dark brown. You need a tube of colour and a bottle of developer you mix together, plus something to apply it with. You can get a kit that has these plus a mixing bowl and a wee paintbrush (which is what I did to start) but I actually use an old mascara wand as it’s easier than the brush. For lashes I slather on a load of Vaseline before I start, but don’t bother with brows.

Judydreamsofhorses Tue 24-Oct-17 23:19:25

Oh, and I think the initial starter kit was about £20, which lasted me well over a year. The dyes and developer are available individually, but I do personally find the little mixing bowl handy, although you could use anything, even something like a bottle top.

Hellywelly10 Tue 24-Oct-17 23:25:17

I get mine waxed not threaded as I have very thick hair and it hurts less!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now