Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Jeweller to rework vintage engagement ring

(6 Posts)
IdentityRequest1 Mon 23-Oct-17 23:03:30

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a jeweller to re-design and make a setting to incorporate diamonds from a vintage engagement ring? Someone who will do a great job, but not cost the earth...

London, Manchester, or perhaps Birmingham, all accessible.

Thank you! smile

BackforGood Mon 23-Oct-17 23:47:45

Birmingham has a whole Jewellery Quarter. If you've not been it is literally shop after shop after shop, all of whom are jewellers. There are some real crafts people there. I would make time to go and walk about and speak to people to get a feel for who will be able to do what you want. There's no particular shop I'd recommend as, in all honesty, they will all do a good job for you.

kathryn77 Tue 24-Oct-17 00:29:23

loraleedham.co.uk/

This lady is in Birmingham and made me a ring, using old gold, my own design and numerous old and New stones. Was reasonably priced. She has a good Facebook page too.

JoyceDivision Thu 26-Oct-17 05:53:56

If you can stretch to huddersfield jpb jewellers are amazing. They made my wedding ring, repkaced stone and fixed my wrecked engagement ring and when my mum had her scalloped edged, engraved and very detailed wedding ring hacked off by hospital staff as it was so tight, they remade it from the only tiny part that still had a recognisable pattern on it.

GinUser Thu 26-Oct-17 06:47:50

Simon Lewis in Hatton Garden.

IdentityRequest1 Thu 26-Oct-17 13:41:27

These are all great, thank you!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: