Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Colour B4 - a few questions. Can anyone help?

(5 Posts)
SwedishEdith Mon 23-Oct-17 20:26:53

I'm tempted to try but I'm worried about how long I have to live with the results before I can dye it again.

Hair is a bit too dark atm (but real hair is very white/grey - no idea by how much).

So, which CB4 do I use - seem to be a few?
How quickly can I redye it?
What type of dye? I usually use Castings semi-permanents. Will that be ok or do I have to leave it a week to avoid reoxidisation (?) risks? Or use something else?

Thanks

mydrawstring Mon 23-Oct-17 20:30:10

I had a very bad experience with colourB4. Have you read reviews on it? It fucking stinks, and my hair went a lovely shade of orange confused Obviously results will depend on your natural hair colour and the amount of dye it has absorbed, but if you can then get thee to a salon and get it done properly.

SugarMiceInTheRain Mon 23-Oct-17 20:33:22

I've used it twice. Ok both times, but if your hair has been bleached it won't undo that, obviously. I left it a little while before redyeing (at least a few weeks the first time, and haven't redyed it since using it a few weeks back.

YouWereRight Mon 23-Oct-17 20:39:19

I ended up with orange hair too, but that was ok, I could deal with that. But it left my hair with a straw like texture, it was impossible to comb, even when soaked in conditioner.

I believe they advise that you put a semi permanent colour straight on, but should wait a week to put on a permanent colour.

SwedishEdith Mon 23-Oct-17 20:45:54

Thanks all. The orange hair, I'm prepared for. Just wondered how long I should wait to cover it. So putting a lighter Castings colour on would be ok?

If I didn't have to go to work, I wouldn't care about my hair for a few weeks.

It's never been bleached except by the stuff in semi-permanents.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now