Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Aftershave - Which one?

(13 Posts)
ISpeakJive Mon 23-Oct-17 11:12:15

I need to buy an aftershave as a gift for my sisters boyfriend’s birthday but I’m not sure which one.
The problem I have is that I am unable to get to a perfume counter to take a sniff so I’m kind of reaching out to the gurus of mumsnet to recommend me one that smells half decent.
Thanks

MatildaTheCat Mon 23-Oct-17 13:53:35

This is absolutely lovely if he likes citrusy scents. I bought it for my fussy dh and he likes it and it's very well priced.

MatildaTheCat Mon 23-Oct-17 13:54:44

Bugger, the link has gone back to the homepage. Crabtree and Evelyn West Indian Lime.

ISpeakJive Mon 23-Oct-17 14:08:30

Oooh thanks Matilda. I’ve never actually heard of that. Have just been looking at the usual Gucci’s, D&G etc.
Will definitely give it some thought.

CantChoose Mon 23-Oct-17 19:18:52

Any clues to the type of smell? If not, is he sporty, posh, trendy etc.
And what budget?

ZaraW Mon 23-Oct-17 19:20:44

Caruthsia have some really nice men's fragrances. Something different and has a bit of history to it.

TentUpFirstBunkUpLater Mon 23-Oct-17 19:23:02

Issey Miyaake. All the way

ISpeakJive Mon 23-Oct-17 21:29:22

Thanks so much.

Can’t, sorry, should’ve mentioned budget in original OP. Willing to go up to £60.

As for type of smell I’m quite open to any recommendations although not too fruity or citrusy.

AndNoneForGretchenWieners Mon 23-Oct-17 21:36:06

Polo Red is nice, not sure of cost though.

Haffiana Mon 23-Oct-17 21:44:01

Not Issey Myake; terribly dated ozonic/aquatic smell.

Prada Amber pour Homme is one aftershave that offends absolutely no-one, but smells super clean and elegant.

DanHumphreyIsA Mon 23-Oct-17 21:45:13

Dolce & Gabbana The One is very nice.
Givenchy Gentleman also nice, but has a slight patchouli scent which is a bit love or hate.

Paco Rabbane 1 million is probably the most ‘universal’ one I can think of, haven’t met anyone who doesn’t like it.

Boots will have a lot of Christmas gift sets now, so take a look at their offers.

CantChoose Mon 23-Oct-17 22:35:59

www.dunhill.com/gb/icon_cod46522478vd.html

ISpeakJive Tue 24-Oct-17 12:55:08

Thanks everyone. Will check these out!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now