Talk

Advanced search

Which Beauty Box for teen?

(6 Posts)
IheartNiles Mon 23-Oct-17 09:18:39

DD is 14 and very into you tube vloggers and trendy products.

I thought about getting her a monthly subscription to a beauty box for 6 months as part of her Xmas present.

So which one is most coveted by teens? She and I would have different tastes, ie she won't be bothered by tons of anti ageing products.

I looked at birchbox, glossybox and look fantastic. Is one of these best or is there another?

applecrumbleandcream Mon 23-Oct-17 16:58:37

I've had Birchbox and Glossybox in the past and cancelled them as neither very exciting. A lot of repeats and tiny sample sizes. I'm not sure if a 14 year old would be impressed as it's not very exciting.

Last year my 11 year old who's into Zoella, Tanya Burr etc had a make up advent calendar and loved it. She put each days in a make up bag I bought her specially and she still uses it all.

Deemail Mon 23-Oct-17 17:08:03

I replied on a similar thread yesterday saying I love my look fantastic subscription. You get some sample sizes and some full sizes
But thinking on I'm not sure a teen would. It's a mix of makeup, hair and skincare but I'm not sure a teen would appreciate the skin care. My two teens are very envious when my boxes arrive though. I pass on the stuff I won't use to them.
They also do larger more expensive boxes. I got my dd one for her 16th birthday. It Benefit which she loves and contained full sized products.
I think the advent calender is a good idea. Boots have sleek and N.Y.X ones this year. Also super drug have a good range too.

d270r0 Mon 23-Oct-17 18:06:00

Have a look at Bettybox. Its actually designed for teenagers and sent monthly and is a period box, ie. includes tampons etc (you can choose) But also includes a 'for yu' box every month which includes make up and beauty products, lipsticks, face washes etc and usually some choc too. Normally about 6-8 items. I think its actually better value than glossybox etc. and you wouldn't get anti aging stuff etc as its aimed at teenagers.

d270r0 Mon 23-Oct-17 18:10:04

www.betty.me/subscription/
£12.99 per box.

PointlessUsername Mon 23-Oct-17 18:12:18

DD 14 gets this one...

dollibox

Usually good bits.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now