Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Red lip stick

(17 Posts)
MrsBartlettforthewin Sun 22-Oct-17 21:17:49

Red lip stick suites me as long as it isn’t too blue in its undertones. However, how the hell do I get it to stay on my lips? Which brands do people find works best and doesn’t wear off as soon as you drink something? Or Can I get an overcoat type product that’ll keep it in place?

LancashireTea Sun 22-Oct-17 21:24:10

I use a lot of Avon products. And I blot and do a topcoat. I find that even their cheap colour trend ones stay in my face well.

tempstamos Sun 22-Oct-17 21:46:00

Try lipcote on top, it’s about £3 in boots and Superdrug. It does sometimes sting a little bit but it does keep lipstick on.

CaseStudyResearch Sun 22-Oct-17 21:55:14

Maybelline 24 hour lipstick is amazingly durable - I actually struggle to get it off at night.

duckduckmouse Sun 22-Oct-17 22:17:27

Dior lip tattoo but do they make it in a red colour?
Bobbi brown mandarin stays on very well

donajimena Sun 22-Oct-17 22:20:05

Maybelline 24 hour Cherry Pie is your friend

MrsBartlettforthewin Mon 23-Oct-17 10:54:12

Thank you will go cheaply these out ASAP.

PerditaNitt Mon 23-Oct-17 10:56:30

Lip pencil before lipstick helps. If you are feeling very flush, the tom ford lipsticks have amazing staying power (cherry lush is gorgeous). But they are ridiculously overpriced blush

MotherofA Mon 23-Oct-17 10:59:39

Mac retromatte lipsticks don’t not smudge or come off ! They are dry but stay on . If you like orange / pink undertones try Lady Danger or Dangerous, Ruby Woo is very popular but I think there is a blue hint.

MrsBartlettforthewin Mon 23-Oct-17 13:42:53

Fab. Will see what my budget to stretch to but this is all such useful advice.

ImADingleDangleScarecrow Mon 23-Oct-17 16:30:01

Smashbox lipstick in the shade infrared is pretty indestructible on me

www.boots.com/smashbox-be-legendary-lipstick-matte-10233595

FizzyFeet Mon 23-Oct-17 20:05:47

Boots No 7 Stay Perfect lasts a long time on me. A make up counter assistant put it on me and I've copied her technique! Make sure lips are really clean. Apply with a lip brush - really work the colour into your lips. Blot on a tissue (roll lips together). Apply another layer using lip brush. Voila! I have it in Deep Rust which is a bright red with orangey tones.

mrsvilliers2 Mon 23-Oct-17 20:54:34

Do you use lip balm first? If so it might be worth trying a different one. I had awful problems with a Victoria Beckham lipstick then someone here suggested changing lip balms. I use a Burts Bees one now and the VB lipstick doesn't shift.

wonderwoman1981 Tue 24-Oct-17 10:04:05

I only ever use the Maybeline 24hrs lipstick. It literally stays on all until you wash your face before bed, and I usually put it on first thing in the morning. I would never bother using any other type of lip colour, as I can't stand having to reapply it.

MrsBartlettforthewin Tue 24-Oct-17 19:27:02

Oh yes I do use lip balm first as I have really dry skin. Will look at switching that out to something different maybe just my normal moisturiser.

MrsBartlettforthewin Tue 24-Oct-17 19:28:24

Looks like Maybeline is the way to go with all the recommendations for it plus it doesn’t look like it is going to break the bank either.

MamaOfTwos Tue 24-Oct-17 19:29:17

Mac Russian red takes some beating for an infallible deep red matte lip

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now