Talk

Advanced search

What boots for this dress?

(12 Posts)
BikeRunSki Sun 22-Oct-17 20:51:41

I’m attempting to add s but of colour to my grey and navy work wardrobe. Dress code is smart casual. No jeans, but suits would arouse suspicion kind of thing.

All my boots are black. Would that be ok with a red dress? Just puts me in mind of my black and red school uniform! What colour tights?

Also, other suggestions for plain coloured jersey dresses would be appreciated.

BikeRunSki Sun 22-Oct-17 20:52:16

here is the dress it’s the red one, don’t like the patterns.

Paintbox Sun 22-Oct-17 21:34:59

WOW the red dress is a million times nicer than the patterns op. I wear black tights and
Boots with red dress

PaperdollCartoon Sun 22-Oct-17 22:54:24

Black ankle boots and tights would like good. Or grey ankle boots and grey tights would also look good, a bit different but still chic.

PaperdollCartoon Sun 22-Oct-17 22:55:15

Also I have a couple of Boden dresses I wear for work that are bright and lovely.

sooperdooper Sun 22-Oct-17 22:56:41

Love that dress!

madeyemoodysmum Sun 22-Oct-17 22:58:37

Navy ankles or gray or black

DelphiniumBlue Mon 23-Oct-17 00:02:27

Lovely dress, have you already got it? Wondering what the fabric and sizing is like. Think I'd wear it with black boots and tights.

RidingWindhorses Mon 23-Oct-17 08:37:35

Nice dress, looks very comfortable. Ankle boots + knee length dress/skirt generally looks really odd. I'd wear shoe boots or knee length. Black tights.

clayspaniel Mon 23-Oct-17 09:20:23

Lovely dress. It says it's made of Jersey. What is Jersey made of?

BikeRunSki Mon 23-Oct-17 09:45:23

It doesn’t say on the listing what the jersey is made of clayspaniel, but since the whole ethos of the company is to use natural fibres, i’m hoping for cotton! Simple cotton dresses that reach my knee are my holy grail. My concern about this one is that the “waist” seam will sit across the front of my boobs. I have a very long back. The best fitting dresses are from “tall” ranges, with the hem taken up. I have ordered a drsss from Boden too, although it is the dreaded “ponte” fabric.

BikeRunSki Fri 27-Oct-17 13:42:36

So, the red dress arrived. I’m gutted that it’s viscose, paricularly since that company make a big deal of using natural fibres (see link in my previous post). I did check the listing, but I couldn’t find anything to say what it was made of. The style isn’t particularly flattering and dud make me look rather pregnant. Sadly going back. I will return to my habitual black and grey work wardrobe.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now