Talk

Advanced search

Bra intervention after extreme weight loss

(12 Posts)
Vajazzler Sun 22-Oct-17 20:04:06

Hello and thank you for reading. This is quite embarrassing.

In the last 17 months I’ve lost 10 stone and I’m still losing weight. I need a new bra and a sports bra but have no idea how to measure myself. As you can imagine my boobs are very deflated but the skin is still the same size so they are really saggy. How should I measure for a bra?

Liz38 Sun 22-Oct-17 20:21:45

Take yourself to somewhere that a professional will measure you is my tip. I'm a funny size and m and d don't make bras to fit me but if you are over a DD then bravissimo fitters are good.

ApplesTheHare Sun 22-Oct-17 20:24:40

Congratulations on your weight loss, we'll done, that must have taken some perseverance!

Definitely go to a Debenhams or House of Fraser or similar and get measured. They are always very kind and helpful, they make it a comfortable experience and you get to wear bras that feel great afterwards!

PaperdollCartoon Sun 22-Oct-17 20:29:52

Use this calculator booborbust.com/#info_tab

Then work from there. If the weight is all in the bottom of the breast, balcony styles might be good for you. If you're a D or more on the calculator, go to Bravissimo. Do not trust the department stores.

Vajazzler Sun 22-Oct-17 20:34:35

Ok thanks ladies. It’s a bit embarrassing when your nipples are down past your belly button blush but it seems I’ll have to suck it up and go for a fitting.

PaperdollCartoon Sun 22-Oct-17 20:39:08

The ladies in Bravissimo will have seen every kind of boob going, don't worry! Definitely do the calculator first.

Hobbes8 Sun 22-Oct-17 20:42:17

That's amazing! Congratulations on your loss. I think in Bravissimo they take a look at how your current bra fits rather than whip out a measuring tape, which might feel less intrusive? They'll have seen it all before though. A properly fitted bra will make a huge difference to how your clothes fit.

intuition Sun 22-Oct-17 20:45:06

I lost 8 stone and found a bra fitting quite embarrassing but the staff were so nice and encouraging especially when I said I had lost weight.

ApplesTheHare Sun 22-Oct-17 20:46:29

Honestly don't worry they've seen it all. Be brave and enjoy your new body and brassmile

DubiousCredentials Sun 22-Oct-17 21:08:51

You don’t have to take your existing bra off in front of the assistant in Bravissimo, they go by eye for sizing and then leave you to try on and pop back in when you say so.

Bombardier25966 Sun 22-Oct-17 21:26:39

The Boob or Bust method is pretty accurate after a large loss. If you did want to try bras at home you could order some in the size they suggest and also cup (or two) smaller. Although you'll look much smaller, and you back size will be, you cup may not have decreased a great deal because of your back decreasing and because of the skin issue.

Feeling your pain re the droop issue, I've gone from a 38GG to a 32F, love them with a bra on but can't stand them without. I wear Panache Tango mainly, but could do with more oomph, and I've just got a Wacoal one which is lovely. Hope you get sorted!

Vajazzler Sun 22-Oct-17 22:08:24

Thank you ladies I shall do the calculator for now and see how I get on and look for my nearest bravissimo store.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now