Talk

Advanced search

Great shampoo & conditioner for fine hair

(14 Posts)
Tatlerer Sun 22-Oct-17 20:01:00

Just that really! I have very fine, coloured hair. I love the idea of volumising products but more often than not they weigh my hair down too much. Anything that coats the hair too much makes it greasy by the evening. Any ideas? Willing to spend £££ for something good.

Carrotpuree Sun 22-Oct-17 20:03:52

I am just finishing a trail of the Pantene Micellar shampoo & foam conditioner for SuperSavvy (P&G recruit people to test and give feedback on new products), have to say this one is good for fine hair. Genuinely. Leave it very soft & shiny!

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sun 22-Oct-17 20:20:22

I bought Mane&Tail (for my DD she has fine wavy but lots of it hair)

She loves it grin
I've tried it , my hair is short/wavy so I'm not a good barometer but it works really well for me too.

Tatlerer Sun 22-Oct-17 20:35:49

Thanks carrot, I love the idea of a foam conditioner. I love a gimmick!

70, thank you!

hungryradish Sun 22-Oct-17 20:37:40

I have very fine blonde hair & swear by KMS volume shampoo. It gives some volume without weighing the hair down or leaving any residue in the hair, which I find all other shampoos do!

OneMoreTune Sun 22-Oct-17 20:43:29

I use Toni & Guy Danage Repair shampoo and conditioner. It’s in Tesco & Boots in an orange and white cylindrical container. I also use Revlon all in one leave in conditioner spray afterwards. Doesn’t leave my very fine hair weighed down and the Revlon stuff is also volumising without being sticky or gluey.

DrRisotto Sun 22-Oct-17 20:44:27

Curly or straight?

OneMoreTune Sun 22-Oct-17 20:45:56

Also I have experimented with volumising shampoo and conditioner but find it best to moisturise with shampoo and cond and add volumising products separately afterwards. I don’t think volumising shampoo and conditioner are very good for fine damaged hair.

I use Elnett mousse to blow dry.

somewheresorted Sun 22-Oct-17 20:47:39

Wella Professionals Brilliance Shampoo and conditioner - I have very fine, slightly wavy coloured hair and this is the best I've found for my hair type.

MoleGrey Sun 22-Oct-17 20:48:26

I have fine hair that gets weighed down easily, and I hate shampoos that seem to coat my hair. My favourites are the Toni and guy volume and shine, and the herbal essences biorenew lightweight shine (green tea and cucumber). Both make my hair really smooth and shiny but are so lightweight I also get a lot of volume too.

Tatlerer Sun 22-Oct-17 20:51:47

Thank you so much everyone!
DrRisotto it's got a very slight wave to it.

DrRisotto Sun 22-Oct-17 21:24:55

If you fancy disappearing down an internet rabbit hole for a while you could look into the curly girl method. I don't actually do it properly, but I follow their advice regarding which chemicals to avoid, which directs me towards certain products.Look up the facebook group for more info.

Tatlerer Sun 22-Oct-17 21:39:12

Thanks Dr. Love a rabbit hole as a rule- will take a look!

Tatlerer Fri 27-Oct-17 20:42:04

Just reporting back that I bought Kerastase volumifique in the end- used it for the first time yesterday and I swear my hair is already better today- it seems to have more volume and is less oily at the roots.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now