Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Shopping for boys clothes!

(28 Posts)
tempstamos Sun 22-Oct-17 19:29:06

I am finding it impossible to find clothes for my three DS’s (4,8 and 14)
Everywhere seems to only sell clothes that are poo brown or mould green!
Nowhere sells skinny jeans that fit right or nice winter coats either!
+ they are all very fussy and particular about what they wear but refuse to come shopping with me or tell me what they like.

Where do you shop for your sons?
And where can I get good winter coats?

Petalbird Sun 22-Oct-17 19:31:25

Not sure about winter coats but h and m sells some good coloured boys stuff

LittleNoSleep Sun 22-Oct-17 19:34:47

Boden good for coats. They have 25% off until Thursday. Alex and Alexa online are worth a look (sale section!) and I also like Zara and Gap. Gap sometimes better for younger boys though. I get totally fed up of crap boys' clothes!

Lweji Sun 22-Oct-17 19:38:53

My DS loves C&A t-shirts (we're not in the UK), but I tend to buy a mixture of basic and patterned T-shirts from different shops. We just browse them.

He hates the fad for skinny trousers and jeans, though. So, he tends to live in jogging bottoms because he likes to play football at school.

For example, Zara has a decent range, including white, red, blue, mustard yellow and even something that looks pinkish.

www.zara.com/uk/en/kids-boy-tshirts-l286.html

They also have a range of winter coats.

We also often shop at H&M too.

tempstamos Sun 22-Oct-17 20:01:14

Thanks all! Will take a look now. smile

eyebrowsonfleek Sun 22-Oct-17 20:06:23

For the 14 year old ASOS is reasonably priced but fashionable (tops) .
Next Mens skinnies come in different lengths and waists eg 26” waist 32” length and are a bargain £28 or something like that. (My ds likes super skinnies) Good thing is that you can return them in the actual shop so no faffing with the post office.

Lucked Sun 22-Oct-17 20:11:08

I have a DS5 and DD4 and I have struggled this last year I like so little in the shops. It is actually worse for DD her wardrobe is pretty sparse. I am glad DS has started school as I only have to dress him at weekends.

I have got great (but expensive) winter jackets from LandsEnd as well as quite a few tops.

My H&M is poor at stocking sizes but their skinny jeans can be good but I prefer to buy in store as their delivery is crap and unreliable. I also got nice smart shirts but didn't like their casual stuff.

I bought skinnies recently in zara which I thought looked really slim but were actually hanging off my 5 year old, luckily they have adjustable waists but they do look a little bunched. The rest of Zara's stuff is too grown up for my 5 year old - fake paint splatters and the like.

eyebrowsonfleek Sun 22-Oct-17 20:16:18

For the 14 year old - fashion for teens here is definitely for colours like black, grey, maroon, khaki. The trend seems to be long line tops (t-shirt or hoodie) with black skinny jeans and a cap. My son only wears a cap and shoes with obvious logos. His other stuff is plain or has very discreet logos.
His winter coat is a black one from Superdry (as I can’t afford his preference of The North Face) Brand popularity definitely depends on location so I would use what others his age are wearing as inspiration.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sun 22-Oct-17 20:25:05

My 18 yo has never cared what he wears ( in direct contrast to his Label-Lover sister)
He's tall and very slender (26" waist / 32 " leg)

Jeans = Tesco
Slim fit trousers- Primark
Tops- H&M are good ,
Winter coat- either small size mens or if I want something waterproof/warm outerwear shops like Millets or Trespass

tempstamos Sun 22-Oct-17 20:58:44

@eyebrowsonfleek

Thanks, I'd never thought of looking on asos! All my DS's want super skinnys too, I'm considering trying them in girls sizes especially the little ones.

@Lucked

Oh I found shopping for my DD's super easy! But I think thats because they are more helpful and come and pick their own clothes, mine 3+10 really like Zara and H&M but I will try there for the boys again too thankyou!

@eyebrowsonfleek

Thanks! hes not really into fashion but does seem to only want to wear black at the moment. Will look at superdry/north face coats for him.

@70isaLimitNotaTarget

Thankyou! Mine say they dont care but they are so fussy!

EggysMom Sun 22-Oct-17 21:12:30

I shopped in Primark this morning for my 8yo son - very angry disappointed to find 3/4 of the children's wear section allocated to girls, and only a small section for boys.

Cherrypie32 Sun 22-Oct-17 21:34:46

I've been trawling the shops for DS9 winter wardrobe, it's time consuming as there is no one stop shop anymore, used to be Boden for colour and quality but a lot is too baby ish now. I too hate with a passion brown, dark green, black etc for boys and so does DS, he's always loved red and orange for instance. So Gap has some nice brighter tops, Joules has good sweatshirts but he tends to wear his summer t's with hoodies and fleeces. H&M had ok joggers in grey and royal blue, Boden also has some nice skinny fit bright trousers. Fat face does good hoodies which are always 1/2 price in their sales. Lands End has been my go to for quality coats for ages but I've bought him a fleece lined waterproof from Trespass this year which he chose in red.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sun 22-Oct-17 22:36:26

My 15yo DD is (in a way) easier, she knows what she wants , there are very few "You're not wearing THAT " moments but the girl shops for leisure and likes to Go Out and Be Seen .
Just costs more £££ because she likes her brands unlike DS.

DS just shrugs on the very rare occasions I manage to drag him out .
I usually ask DD for guidance because I have no flipping clue what teenage boys wear ( and round our way they're usually sportswear type)

Boredomismyenemy Mon 23-Oct-17 09:20:43

My DS, also 14, also only wants to wear black, has been happy with next boys age 16 super skinny jeans as well as H&M mens super skinny which start at w26. I got him
t shirts from gap in mens XS, managed to sneak a bit of grey and khaki in! As for winter coat I bought a dark green parka which he was happy with.

Volontaire Mon 23-Oct-17 09:22:59

H & M and La Redoute are worth looking at.

PickAChew Mon 23-Oct-17 09:25:18

Can't help with the skinnies but Fatface and landsend are both great for good quality clothes for younger boys.

PerditaNitt Mon 23-Oct-17 09:48:19

My nephews get a lot of wear out of their Uniqlo winter coats. Their children's range is very limited but the quality is good and the coats come in lots of colours

LoadsaBlusher Mon 23-Oct-17 10:01:15

Next for super skinnies
My DC live in next skinnies

I also like H & M for them
Plenty of funky slightly different designs for t shirts and hoodys

These are the only two places I get their clothes as I find supermarket sizing huge at the legs and waist
Also seem to be covered in cartoon characters or garish colours .

My DC are quite short so for the skinny jeans I buy him a size down and find them a great fit
Wash v well too

elQuintoConyo Mon 23-Oct-17 10:04:10

6yo is dressed in Zara and H&M. Some Decathlon for fleeces and coats.

He has a mix of plain and patterned.

LoadsaBlusher Mon 23-Oct-17 10:06:04

Also both my DC winter coats every year are from Next too

I get them neutral parka styles that are still cosy but look trendy too.
They are expensive but again wash v well and can be either passed down to next DC or resold on EBay etc as they hold their value v well .
www.next.co.uk/g21624s9#666694

Grimmfebruary Mon 23-Oct-17 10:10:02

Primark boys skinnies are good, I've just had a few pairs in for dp's ds.
H&M do nice boys stuff, so do Asda for the smaller two.

teta Mon 23-Oct-17 10:38:37

My 13 year old Ds loves Hype style t shirts.Sometimes they have them in Tk Maxx plus lots of other cool brands. I've just bought him on Tk Maxx online 7 T shirts - several tie-dyed and some tropical print ones.I let him pick the ones he likes.He wears them with the Adidas plain black slightly harem style trackies from Spirts Direct or black skinnies from H&M.

burntoutmum Mon 23-Oct-17 12:31:59

My 14 year old likes Adidas, Topman, New Look Men and USC. All his skinny jeans are from New Look and they fit him well. He has a Superdry coat and they last him at least 2 winters

burntoutmum Mon 23-Oct-17 12:34:17

My nearly 9 year old likes H&M for skinny jean, Hype and Sonetti ( which I don’t like personally!)for tops. H & M is pretty good for basics

SoupDragon Mon 23-Oct-17 12:36:59

My teen DSs were always happy with a Superdry coat and they seem to be well made and durable. DS1 also had one from River Island which served him well.

In addition they seem to like Top Man and we've had some stuff from Blue Inc too. Esprit (online) is worth a look too but isn't not great for boys in general. They do have a good variety of jeans styles though.

Younger boys do mostly seem to be sludge colours, although it's a long time since I've had to shop for one smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now