Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Nose rings (again)

(11 Posts)
deary Sun 22-Oct-17 17:30:47

So I got my nose pierced. I love it! But now it is healed and time to change it and I'm scared that it will fall out during the night and heal up or I'll take it out and won't be able to get one back in. At the moment it has a labret stud in, but the stone is bigger than I want. Can anyone recommend what type will feel safe in?

NC4now Sun 22-Oct-17 19:36:12

I used to wear the ones on a wire and bend the wire into an L shape. They stayed in. Don’t worry about it closing up. It’s 15 years since I wore a stud regularly but I can still get one in if I fancy it.

deary Mon 23-Oct-17 14:17:54

Great thanks, previously they've healed up over night when a stud has fallen out.
I can't actually unscrew the labret so I'm going to have to go back to the piercer. I might see what they have smaller!

dontpokethebear Mon 23-Oct-17 14:20:45

Hoop and ball ring. I alternate between that and an L shape stud. Or you could try a corkscrew stud?

RoganJosh Mon 23-Oct-17 14:24:00

This looks a bit more secure than an L shaped one?

Crushsick Mon 23-Oct-17 14:29:45

I alway wear a small thin silver hoop. Any type of stud I always catch and yank painfully out - straight stud, corkscrew stud, L shaped stud etc etc. They are such a pain!

Scottishlassie81 Mon 23-Oct-17 14:32:22

I had a stud for years and got my piercer to change it to a ring, which I love. It's snug and fits well. I have the hoop and ball kind.

Mine always tried to close as soon as I knocked the stud out by accident and it is eye watering to get something back in.

Go to a piercer they will be happy to help. Mine charges £5 for a piercing change including the jewellery.

deary Mon 23-Oct-17 15:08:37

I would love a really delicate hoop, but I'm not brave enough to ask my head teacher! (Primary teacher)

deary Tue 24-Oct-17 18:41:32

I went to a different piercer who tutted at the huge labret that had been put in. He very kindly put one of the twisty screw ones in for me. I feels less secure, but in fairness, the hole will need to close a bit! Fingers crossed!

Shadow01 Tue 24-Oct-17 22:03:25

From experience the corkscrew ones are the least likely of any type of stud to come out if you accidentally catch it.

Dustbunny1900 Tue 24-Oct-17 22:17:23

I had to get wire cutters to get my corkscrew nose stud out (now I regret it cause I have a noticeable hole there instead of cute nose ring, need to go back to the piercer)
So if you're looking for a stud that won't come out easy..whoo boy the corkscrew will work

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: