Talk

Advanced search

How versatile is an Oxblood bag?

(25 Posts)
applecrumbleandcream Sun 22-Oct-17 15:30:21

Never had one before in Oxblood and just wondering what it will go with or should I stick to black?

Also any thoughts on Coach bags anyone?

PurpleDaisies Sun 22-Oct-17 15:32:07

I use mine with everything but I don't worry too much about whether everything "goes" or not.

Which bag are you thinking of? Coach bags are beautiful and I wish I'd bought a blue grey one a few years ago. It's the one that got away for me.

Aderyn17 Sun 22-Oct-17 15:35:26

Coach are really good quality bags. I have two and they are very well made. Thry do goid sales, so you might want to wait for the next one.
I have an oxblood mulberry. I think it is more od an autumn/winter colour, but then so is black imo. It seems to 'go' with everything that my black bag does, so I would say it is versatile. Oxblood is a lovely colour.

applecrumbleandcream Sun 22-Oct-17 15:40:08

This is the one I'm thinking of at the moment. It seems quite roomy and has a secure zipped section for my purse. Just deliberating over the colour. I also like the oxblood tote bag too. Too many choices !!

PNGirl Sun 22-Oct-17 15:46:53

I love my Coach Scout Hobo - great quality. I went for khaki but I have 2 oxblood bags that work for everything.

Aderyn17 Sun 22-Oct-17 15:48:54

That's lovely

Theimpossiblegirl Sun 22-Oct-17 15:55:18

I have an oxblood Cambridge satchel and its pretty versatile. Looks good with denim or dresses and tights/leggings.
Best with dark colours so definitely an autumn winter bag.

CountFosco Sun 22-Oct-17 16:10:55

I have a burgundy tote that is a very similar colour. Goes with all my work clothes perfectly, better than black IMHO. Only issue is I have a dark navy leather jacket and I don't think it goes with that. But I'm a bit funny about different coloured leathers together.

keeponkeepinon Sun 22-Oct-17 17:02:10

Oxblood is very versatile. A bit more character than black too.

BradleyPooper Sun 22-Oct-17 17:03:09

OP i have that style in purple, it’s a very versatile shape and would love it in oxblood.

applecrumbleandcream Sun 22-Oct-17 17:32:39

Great thanks everyone, you've convinced me grin makes a change from my usual stay safe black !

GeorgeTheHamster Sun 22-Oct-17 17:36:34

That's lovely. What's the name of the bag?

applecrumbleandcream Sun 22-Oct-17 17:47:38

It's the Edie 31 Pebbled Leather Shoulder Bag in Oxblood.

GeorgeTheHamster Mon 23-Oct-17 08:23:49

I thought so. You've found it for a good price!

Auldspinster Mon 23-Oct-17 08:25:17

I have a lovely oxblood handbag that i wore with everything, i stopped using it cos it was getting a bit tatty.

RidingWindhorses Mon 23-Oct-17 08:28:37

I've got an oxblood bag - I have an oxblood coat so obviously it does with that but it also looks nice with brown, grey, navy, olive.

I really like the bag and think it's a very reasonable price.

Nameless21 Mon 23-Oct-17 08:33:52

I’ve an oxblood Mulberry and love it but it is my winter bag. Bought that Coach bag in navy during the summer and love it! Loads of room and comfortable to carry.

babybarrister Mon 23-Oct-17 08:38:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

FormerlyFrikadela01 Mon 23-Oct-17 09:14:21

Oh that's lovely. I love the style of the bag. I love oxblood. Such a nice change from black. I think it goes with so much. I lusted after a pair of oxblood boots a few years ago but didn't get them and I so regret it.

Girlsworld92 Mon 23-Oct-17 11:02:18

I have an oxblood mulberry lily & used it with a bright pink top the other week. Looked much better than I thought it would. It’s a great colour.

vitaminC Mon 23-Oct-17 12:09:47

Not quite the same, but I have an oxblood leather jacket and I love it! It goes with absolutely everything. I'm sure an oxblood bag will be just as versatile smile

MinesaPinot Tue 24-Oct-17 13:14:20

Not quite in the Coach league but I bought an oxblood bag in Zara last year. Drawstring tote that also had a cross body strap. Absolutely love it. Seems to go with everything and doesn't look as harsh as black. In fact, I liked the style so much I bought it in mustard, and that goes with everything as well!

MinesaPinot Tue 24-Oct-17 13:15:09

By the way, love that bag applecrumble!

GeorgeTheHamster Tue 24-Oct-17 13:50:49

Looked at the bag in Selfridges today, the zip across it made it quite a lot smaller in capacity than you would expect for the size of the bag. Lovely though.

Ifonlyiweretaller Tue 24-Oct-17 20:30:26

I've a mulberry Del Rey in a similar colour to oxblood (called black forest i think) and i love it for the winter.
Coach bags are lovely leather and oftern great value in the sale or at outlets.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now