Talk

Advanced search

Cloud 9s

(13 Posts)
IheartNiles Sun 22-Oct-17 15:22:10

Hairdresser used these on me the other day and my hair was straight the next day. Much better than my ghds.

Not sure whether to get the touch or normal ones, any thoughts?

FluffyNinja Sun 22-Oct-17 15:24:30

I'm also a hairdresser and ditched the ghd's for Cloud9's. They're so much better in my opinion. I've had mine about 4 years so far.

userofthiswebsite Sun 22-Oct-17 15:32:21

I have had the GHD 3.1Bs for prob about 10 years now. Still working. I bought a pair of GHDs about 3 years ago thinking that they must have moved on so much in terms of the tech and they were so much worse than my ancient pair. They looked gorge but the hair just slipped between the plates. Thought I'd try out Clouds which I've had since January and they're as good as my old GHDs but they work as well but at a lower heat.

IheartNiles Sun 22-Oct-17 15:34:19

Great. Which ones do you have, touch or normal? Touch are cheaper but can't work out why.

RaynaJaymes Sun 22-Oct-17 15:39:02

I’m also confused between the touch and the normal ones?

TheLuckyMrsPine Sun 22-Oct-17 15:46:46

I had the Touch and they lasted only 2 years.... personally I prefer the GHD platinums and have gone back to these.
The touch don't have any buttons you change heat/on/off by manually quickly tapping the straightener plates together. Personally I think this is what breaks them.

IheartNiles Sun 22-Oct-17 16:01:45

Ah, yes makes sense. Must be why they're cheaper. Quite fancy the wide plates. I got my daughter the ghd platinums, they're good but not as good as my original ghds and snag hair a bit.

NC4now Sun 22-Oct-17 16:03:30

I think the Touch would annoy me, keeping switching on and off. I’ve got the normal ones and would recommend.

taytotayto111 Sun 22-Oct-17 18:32:51

I have Ghd but I'd have cloud 9 all day long I got the Ghd as a gift.

userofthiswebsite Sun 22-Oct-17 19:03:00

Great. Which ones do you have, touch or normal? Touch are cheaper but can't work out why.

The Cloud 9 Original. I read quite a few reviews before purchasing and they seem to go wrong more often. Frankly it doesn't take me long to flick the 'on' switch so it wasn't really a deal breaker for me.

If you can hold tight till Boxing Day sale you can get the gift pack cheaper than the straightener on its own usually is.

userofthiswebsite Sun 22-Oct-17 19:03:35

D'oh. I mean the Touch ones seemed to go wrong more often.

Autumnalredsky Sun 22-Oct-17 19:30:24

Do people find they get less damage with the cloud 9’s as opposed to GHD’s?

IheartNiles Mon 23-Oct-17 09:43:34

autumn I'm guessing so as I have to run ghds through my hair a few times, the hairdresser ran the cloud 9s thou once. Then it stayed straight for a few days, normally it's such a birds nest I have to wash and do it every day. It wasn't even the 'hairdresser effect' as normally when they've done it with ghds I have to do it again later in the day or wash it the next day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now