Talk

Advanced search

Flattering Christmas party dress?

(6 Posts)
Ecummin Sun 22-Oct-17 14:43:49

I am going to my husbands work Christmas dinner this year (haven’t been able to go the last few for various reasons)! I am almost 1 year postpartum and am around a size 16. Before my baby I was a size 12/14 so I still have my mum tum! I really want to feel pretty but not self conscious and not all big and baggy and frumpy! I’m a bit self conscious of my arms at the moment! Do you have any affordable recommendations? Nothing too fancy as it’s not a super posh dinner! I just haven’t had a chance to dress nice in ages! I want to wear something other than jeans!

Mumofboys89 Thu 02-Nov-17 20:52:57

Bumping this as I am in a similar situation. Will be 3 months postpartum for my works Xmas ball so looking for inspiration

BorisTrumpsHair Thu 02-Nov-17 21:11:36

This is loose but also shapely when on. Moves well and is flattering. It wears really well. In the shop they also had it in navy.

https://www.houseoffraser.co.uk/women/issa-jasmine-embellished-batwing-dress/d819651.pd#274066949

Beek84 Thu 02-Nov-17 21:18:01

Ooh that dress is gorgeous - excellent suggestion, I'm tempted myself!

OneMoreTune Thu 02-Nov-17 21:21:23

Hi, what’s your height, colouring and any preferred colours? Do you have any tricky areas? Areas you like to show off/highlight?

Wiggles9408 Thu 02-Nov-17 21:39:55

Wrap dresses are very flattering for the tummy area because of the way the fabric lays it’s ‘baggy’ without actually being baggy, if you catch my drift? If you’re struggling to find a dress that you love with arms but you’ve found ones you love without arms I would advise a pretty short fitted jacket over the top, it looks smart but it also gives you that extra layer of clothing and protection smile

Good luck and I hope you have a wonderful evening!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now