Talk

Advanced search

Honest opinions about my hair colour (and how old I look btw)

(77 Posts)
PinkLipsDontLie Sun 22-Oct-17 13:57:51

My hair is naturally cool brown. Here it s dyed a tone lighter on top and the ends are balayaged blonder. I have very thin hair as you can see. My eyes are hazel, mostly olive green with a little light brown. I was ash blonde for many years but I am now a brunette as I missed it a lot. I just dont know what shade of brown to go for so that i dont look boring/frumpy. Should I go darker, lighter, or as is? Also one colour or balayage again? Please also post inspiration pics if you have any.
One last thing: inspired by the other thread, how old do I look? Absolutely no filters in the pic.

Ellapaella Sun 22-Oct-17 14:00:10

I would say mid 30’s. I would keep your hair that colour as it suits you but liven it up either with some highlights (I’d have maybe three different colours woven in) or a light caramel balayage. You would suit a bob to frame your face.

Ktown Sun 22-Oct-17 14:01:07

I like the balayage and I would even brighten the ends more.

I think a cool dark blonde or light brown suits you so a 6A colour?

You look young - early 30s.

formerbabe Sun 22-Oct-17 14:02:55

You look the same age as me so mid thirties I reckon. I like your hair...I think keep the length and get a sweeping, side fringe.

BuzzKillington Sun 22-Oct-17 14:03:11

I would say you need to add depth with colour - I would get some really good caramel tones put in.

I reckon you're early 40s.

PinkLipsDontLie Sun 22-Oct-17 14:04:19

@Ellapaella you mean a shorter Bob? I am a bit afraid of caramel as I have cool tones and it's a warm shade. Three colours sound good I mean at least it will not be flat. Thank you!

PinkLipsDontLie Sun 22-Oct-17 14:06:29

@Known I will note hour suggestion and discuss with my hairdresser. Why do tou akl say caramel?? Am I not visibly cool toned?

PinkLipsDontLie Sun 22-Oct-17 14:06:55

*Why do you all say

Theconifers25 Sun 22-Oct-17 14:10:31

I'm going to say 38 yrs old.
I think all over caramel colour hair in a long wavy bob would look ace on you.

LilyPondFrog Sun 22-Oct-17 14:10:54

You look lovely. I would say you're early-mid 30s.

I think that you need to go for a meduim brown colour. I think it's too light at the moment and almost makes you look slighly grey on the photo.

I think a medium brown would disguise your thin hair more x

SchnitzelVonKrumm Sun 22-Oct-17 14:15:19

I'd go a bit darker.

Theconifers25 Sun 22-Oct-17 14:15:43

I'm thinking this colour, though not the style

www.google.co.uk/search?q=mary+olsen+copper+hair&client=safari&hl=en-gb&prmd=isvn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjUqv7Fp4TXAhWBPRoKHXPwBGsQ_AUIEigB&biw=375&bih=559#imgrc=gpj2bPqnhfgKqM:

SchnitzelVonKrumm Sun 22-Oct-17 14:16:10

And I reckon you're early 40s with lovely skin.

burntoutmum Sun 22-Oct-17 14:17:35

I think you’re similar age to me ( I’m 37)

JesusTapdancingChrist Sun 22-Oct-17 14:18:09

I'd go darker, something rich and more brunette. The current colour washes you out imho. And I'd get a fringe.

You are really pretty and I'd guess 36-37 for your age.

SportyBobster Sun 22-Oct-17 14:19:58

I would say you're in your 40s. I agree that a richer colour would look nice but not too dark smile

Allthebestnamesareused Sun 22-Oct-17 14:20:36

Late 30s my guess.

Seriously - cant even see any balayage and actually think it only works on wavy or curly hair.

Personally I think a touch of chestnut brown would look nice.

PuppyMonkey Sun 22-Oct-17 14:22:45

The ends of your hair looked dried out imho, bleach?

I'd go darker and shorter all over if I looked like you.

I think you look mid 30s.

RebeccaWrongDaily Sun 22-Oct-17 14:23:17

i'd say you were early 40's. I think you need to warm your hair up a bit.

Dustbunny1900 Sun 22-Oct-17 14:24:53

I'd say around late 30s-40. You're gorgeous!!
I'd go just a BIT darker. And cooler.

Flisspaps Sun 22-Oct-17 14:36:28

I’d go darker. I think you’re a little older than me so 38-42

Summerswallow Sun 22-Oct-17 14:37:34

I don't know what age you are, but you are very pretty. Agree you need a colour that thickens the look up, even perhaps trim the ends.

Summerswallow Sun 22-Oct-17 14:38:37

In 40's is a bit harsh, I have lots of friends in their 40's (admittedly late forties) and not many look this young with good skin.

JanetStWalker Sun 22-Oct-17 14:38:59

Hair is a tad mousy, some richer tones would be nice, lowlights maybe.

I'm rubbish at judging age but I'll put you around 37.

PinkLipsDontLie Sun 22-Oct-17 14:45:01

@Dustbunny1900 thanks so much! This is one option I consider, to go darker. I just dont know how to take away the flatness of a dark block colour.

@PuppyMonkey yup correct that's bleach from my blonde years. One more vote for dark then.

@Allthebestnamesareused it's what remains of a balayage I think. I am utterly confused hairwise.

@JesusTapdancingChrist thank you! I had a nugging suspicion that it's washing me out.

To all those who think I should go darker, could you post pic of said darker colour?
Btw link with Mary Kate Olsen hair really nice but for warm complexions. I am a cool winter (self-diagnosed, feel free to argue).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now