Talk

Advanced search

Clarins

(8 Posts)
neuroticnumpty Sun 22-Oct-17 11:39:16

Hey, so I've been a big fan of Clarins for some time thinking that they used quite natural ingredients.
My beautician told me she hates their products and it isn't natural stuff!
Anyone care to cast their opinion on this matter? Also, would be interested in any recommendations of natural products. Even better if they haven't been tested on animals

jeaux90 Sun 22-Oct-17 18:44:40

No they really don't use a lot of natural stuff there is only a couple of products of theirs I use. In fact they use some quite bad chemicals like methylisothiazolinone in a lot of their stuff.

If you want decent facial stuff you are better off using something really pharmaceutical based like Medik 8 or if you want natural and no testing stick to companies like the body shop etc

I only buy the clarins fake tan drops and their body oil.

mintmagnummm Sun 22-Oct-17 19:10:58

Clarins most definitely are not natural

neuroticnumpty Sun 22-Oct-17 19:46:05

I'm totally gobsmacked! I can't believe I have been taken in by marketing ploys!

Someone irl has mentioned Neil's yard to me. Has anyone used their stuff?

neuroticnumpty Sun 22-Oct-17 19:46:22

And also Lush...

GoneClubbing Sun 22-Oct-17 20:00:06

I have dry, sensitive skin and eczema yet I find Clarins absolutely amazing, the texture, the various scents, it's just gorgeous! I've tried several Neal's Yard products and I think they smell very strange, reminiscent of stock cubes, they are watery and make my skin tingle not in a good way. Not sure natural is always better tbh but following this thread with interest smile

hecallsmebunny Sun 22-Oct-17 20:26:05

I only ever used one Clarins product, hand cream, and found it really irritated my skin!

Have a look on the My Pure website for ideas. I really like Sukin, a natural Aussie skincare brand. Especially love the rosehip oil at night. They also have Madara which is pricier but nice (when you spend £30 you get a freebie and they often enclose samples too). There's a blog, think it's called this organic girl, which is American but she has tried loads of products. Lush have some natural organic stuff but not all. Good luck!

jeaux90 Sun 22-Oct-17 21:33:43

Lush do great hair care products but I also quite like Avalon.

Body shop camomile cleanser is lovely if you have dry skin also their toner for dry skin.

Medik 8 for hyaluronic and serum

Embryolisse for moisturiser (you can get a day and night version, online at boots or the big stores.

Ren do some nice quick face boosters.

Loads of blogs on organic skin care around of you have the patience grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now