Talk

Advanced search

The Ordinary vs EA Advanced Night Repair

(9 Posts)
2CatShapurr Sun 22-Oct-17 11:01:37

As many wise Style & Beauty ladies have been raving about The Ordinary, I’m wondering whether it can improve my sleep-starved dehydrated skin too. I normally use Estee Lauder’s Advanced Night Repair serum but my bottle’s running out and it’s pricey! Is the Ordinary stuff e.g. Buffet & Hyalurobic Acid comparable? I’ve tried other cheaper stuff (e.g. Protect & Perfect) in the past and it hasn’t cut it. I’ve got toddler twins that won’t sleep for longer than a couple of hours and it totally shows on my face and my eye bags! I can’t use the Retinol/noid stuff though as I’m breastfeeding (their website advises against it). What would you recommend as an alternative to ANR? Thanks!

rightknockered Sun 22-Oct-17 11:05:45

I'm wondering the same thing, my bottle of ANR is running out and want to try something else.

petitdonkey Sun 22-Oct-17 11:08:36

I have only recently switched to The Ordinary and adore it after years of spending £££ on skincare. I use buffet and hyaluronic acid in the morning then retinol and rosehip oil in the evening - the oil in particular is lovely at bedtime. I do however want a daydream to go on after the morning treatments as I feel like I need another layer (and some spf)

Ktown Sun 22-Oct-17 11:56:25

Buffet has very close ingredients to ANR.
I suppose that buffet mixed with a little rose hip oil or retinol would be a good substitute.
It is the ferment lysate in ANR that is supposed to be the god stuff.

2CatShapurr Sun 22-Oct-17 20:41:42

I’m going to give it a try, thanks for the advice!

Rufustherenegadereindeer1 Sun 22-Oct-17 20:43:55

I am a convert

And i still have a whole bottle of that estee lauder stuff left!!

Rufustherenegadereindeer1 Sun 22-Oct-17 20:44:52

petit

The ordinary moisturiser is very nice

They have run out on the website though

petitdonkey Tue 24-Oct-17 22:17:55

Rufus thank you- good to know that it is good. I keep waiting for restock - debating getting Nuxe daycream in the meantime,...

BagelGoesWalking Wed 25-Oct-17 00:32:33

La Roche Posay do some really nice moisturiser, particularly the Toleriane range for sensitive skin. Not too heavy and you only need a small amount.

Or this? Or this? Or the Muji Moisturising Milk is supposed to be good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now