Talk

Advanced search

Ruffles - are they disappearing anytime soon?

(7 Posts)
Redissuereader Sun 22-Oct-17 10:45:56

Please can someone tell me when sodding ruffles are leaving collections. I've hardly bought any clothes this year as everything looks stupid and ruffles are not my friend.

rightknockered Sun 22-Oct-17 10:47:16

God i hope so.

tempstamos Sun 22-Oct-17 10:52:58

I love ruffles on my DD’s but it’s not my favourite trend for myself (do still have quite a few ruffled pieces though blush)

GlitterGlue Sun 22-Oct-17 13:07:21

I hope it's soon.

Im not a fan of flappy arms and sticky out bits over your boobs.

Alabasterangel6 Sun 22-Oct-17 13:14:04

Tell me about it.

All I need at the moment is a couple of dark coloured (black/grey/navy) tunic type jersey tops. Not too clingy. A line preferably. Skim not cling. With a neckline that doesn't reach my chin (I've got G cup boobs and high necks look awful) or frilly sleeves or cut out shoulders. I see a top and pick it off the rail then quickly see the sleeves are ruffled or bell or there is a big keyhole cut out of the back.

Bloody useless!!!

TheLongRider Sun 22-Oct-17 13:20:19

If you're pear shaped, they're horrible. This bulk out your slimmest part.

I think we've reached peak ruffle with Anton du Beke's costume on Strictly last night.

metrouk2.files.wordpress.com/2017/10/14503734-low_res-strictly-come-dancing-2017.jpg?w=748&h=501&crop=1

Redissuereader Sun 22-Oct-17 18:28:00

Yes alabaster!! Ruffles or cut out shoulders!! I have nice shoulders but I don't want them getting cold or things dangling half way down my arms, feels like your bra strap has slipped. Please tell me they are out for 2018??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now