Talk

Advanced search

I need help!!!! (Half light hearted!!)

(2 Posts)
Whatsitallfor Sun 22-Oct-17 09:11:00

Need some advice, after two children and some weight loss I feel completely stick in a rut with my clothing. I have nothing nice to wear and everything I now own is baggy / breastfeeding friendly! I'm finished with bf, my weight is now consistent. No plans to have any more children. I finally feel comfortable at my weight but my clothing is a nightmare. I'm trying to marie kondo my clothes but honestly there is not one thing that sparks joy for me!!! I wear a uniform for work which is great but means in my free time i am stuck completely for what to wear. I had a rare evening out the other night and my only half decent semi dressy outfit had a hole in it! I usually err in the side of caution with outfits (lots of black, jeans, tshirts etc!) But would love to build a capsule wardrobe, but the thought of only having a few items of clothes scares me!! Has anyone else experienced this? I've lost all sense of style after having my children and any clothes I did have and loved now no longer fit! Would love to hear if others are in the same boat!! I need a personal shopper!!! confused Tia

jeaux90 Sun 22-Oct-17 09:53:16

Well you could book in to have a personal shopper for an hour to help. Or go get your colours done first? It's good you don't have work clothes to worry about

I did have this issue after moving back from the gulf post baby.

I invested in decent jeans (casual and smart) a leather jacket, two funky tweed style jackets, high ankle boots, some flat winter boots, some platform trainers, a few plain coloured round neck tops. I tend to stick to non patterns to keep my wardrobe simple or if it does have a pattern it's snow leopard print accessories (handbag and shoes)

Then I built it up from there after not having a winter wardrobe for a few years

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now