Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

What do you pack on Holiday for a week

(8 Posts)
RavingRoo Sat 21-Oct-17 23:12:23

I’ve been told I pack too much. So please tell me what you pack. Here’s what I’m thinking:

7 pairs of bras / underwear
Three swimsuits
Towel
Sarong
Posh maxi
Light maxi
Light evening dress x 2
2 pairs shorts
5 pairs tops
2 pairs pyjamas
Flipflops
Closed toe shoes
Toothbrush
Toileteries
Hair straighteners
Make up

Blackcatonthesofa Sat 21-Oct-17 23:33:50

3 dresses, 3 leggings for travel, walking or cold evenings, warm vest or jacket for cold days or evenings. pair of dress shoes and walking shoes, socks for walking shoes. Sarong. 1 swimsuit (I rinse it out after every wear anyway). 8 underwear, 2-3 bra's. Sunlotion. 1 nightie (colleague had a hotel fire once, don't want to stand outside half naked). Camera. Ereader. Chargers. Make up, hairstuff, toothbrush, comb. Medicin. Tampons/pads just in case even if I'm not due. Did you know that it's really really difficult to find tampons in china?

Itscurtainsforyou Sat 21-Oct-17 23:46:51

Depends where you're going!

We're holidaying in the uk and I've packed
7 underwear
2 jeans
2 leggings
2 tunics
2 vest tops
2 jumpers
2 t-shirts
2 swimsuits
Pjs
Waterproof
Gym kit
Toiletries etc
Meds
Towels

MyLittleDragon Sun 22-Oct-17 00:02:51

I pack a bit differently to you.

I aim for one outfit for day and one for night.

However I will mix and match, and wear the same dress/top etc twice (hand washing if necessary).

So for 7 days I’d probably take 7 tops, 5 skirts and 6 dresses. These are summer tops/dresses so they aren’t heavy.

For footwear I’d usually take one pair of flip flops for daytime/pool, one pair gold sandals and one pair silver as they go with everything,

MyLittleDragon Sun 22-Oct-17 00:06:30

Oh and I take 2 pairs shorts pyjamas, 3 bras and 15 knickers, as would put fresh pair on for evening after shower. Usually hand wash pairs as I’m going along.

Three swimming outfits (swimsuits/bikinis) and two cover ups, for variety and also one that’s lighter and one with more coverage. That’s for summer hol.

For uk holiday it depends on weather report the day before!! grin

JaceLancs Sun 22-Oct-17 01:03:36

That's far less than I take!
Last sunny holiday I took
3 swimming costumes
4 shorts
10 tops
10 dresses some day some evening
2 swim suit cover ups
Underwear
Toiletries
Trainers
Skechers pumps
3 pairs of sandals
Weighed 16kg (we were on a 23kg limit)

PNGirl Sun 22-Oct-17 09:10:08

For a week somewhere hot? 10 tops, 2 dresses, 2 shorts, 1 pair jeans, 1 pair sandals, 1 pair flip flops, Pjs.

RavingRoo Mon 23-Oct-17 09:24:55

Thanks everyone. Given me food for thought. I want to pack at least two outfits per day - we’ll be doing touristy, beach, and evening things.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: