Talk

Advanced search

Preloved Balenciaga or Preloved LV Speedy?

(22 Posts)
ReallyConvolutedCareerHistory Sat 21-Oct-17 21:40:02

Which one should I get? Quality, resale value etc wise

Dailystuck71 Sat 21-Oct-17 21:52:31

Speedy is horribly dated now. What Balenciaga are you thinking of?

ReallyConvolutedCareerHistory Sat 21-Oct-17 21:56:26

Dailystuck71

It says "First 2Way"

ReallyConvolutedCareerHistory Sat 21-Oct-17 21:58:16

Some pics

ReallyConvolutedCareerHistory Sat 21-Oct-17 21:59:27

Some more pics.

Tagged as "Good Condition"

OutsideScuff,little Dirt
InsideDirt
OdorNothing particular.

ZooeyAndFranny Sat 21-Oct-17 22:04:36

I doubt either will have much resale value if you are already buying second hand.

ReallyConvolutedCareerHistory Sat 21-Oct-17 22:09:48

Alright - so if I am buying not to resell, and I like the look of the Balenciaga more, but the Speedy costs half....

SummerRoberts Sat 21-Oct-17 23:13:15

I’d go for the Balenciaga

Loyly Sat 21-Oct-17 23:17:33

Balenciaga for sure.

HouseOfGoldandBones Sat 21-Oct-17 23:21:01

Balenciaga definitely.

So many fake LV's around just now.

ZooeyAndFranny Mon 23-Oct-17 06:03:13

I do think that Balenciaga looks quite dated now. The new styles have really moved on. No more studs, much sportier and in bright colours.

silkpyjamasallday Mon 23-Oct-17 08:46:13

Go for the balenciaga, better quality than a speedy as it's totally constructed in leather rather than canvas. I think it's a classic rather than dated, you can still buy that style and all the variations of it in balenciaga shops and online. Plus I think they look better with age whereas a beaten up speedy looks crap. Resale value when already buying preloved won't be great but if you love the bag and use it lots you will get your money's worth from cost per wear.

ReallyConvolutedCareerHistory Mon 23-Oct-17 08:58:33

What are your thoughts about buying an inexpensive preloved then dyeing it black myself?

Too risky?

I realised I like the giant hardware more.

HarryHarlow Mon 23-Oct-17 09:01:17

That looks in pretty good condition actually. I have this bag in the elephant colour and it has worn quite badly on the plaited area on the handle. I do love it though. I also have a speedy, and I haven't used it much recently, every bugger has a LV it seems, especially with the huge number of fakes knocking around. The Bal. Is a classic though - go for it if you can afford it x

silkpyjamasallday Mon 23-Oct-17 09:02:30

I wouldn't risk dying it myself, but there are professional places that will do it for you such as https://www.handbagclinic.co.uk/The_Clinic

HarryHarlow Mon 23-Oct-17 09:02:53

Don't try dyeing a bag!!

ReallyConvolutedCareerHistory Mon 23-Oct-17 09:52:25

There's a giant city that is in a worse condition and less than half the price of that First. I like the look of the giant handle! But it needs dyeing.

ReallyConvolutedCareerHistory Mon 23-Oct-17 09:55:04

This one is same price of the First bag.

ReallyConvolutedCareerHistory Mon 23-Oct-17 09:57:39

This is the one that I'm thinking of buying and dyeing.

However I asked and professional dyeing costs...£290.

Got inspired by this: www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TGcqWpHS8I

silkpyjamasallday Mon 23-Oct-17 17:48:23

That last one seems to have a split handle, so the cost of dyeing it is the least of your worries! If you can't find one that's perfect at the right price, keep looking and saving at the same time then when the perfect one appears you will have a bigger budget. I don't think there is much point wasting money on something that you know isn't quite right, and a damaged/wrong colour bag is going to cost more in repairs/dyeing anyway, maybe even taking it up close to the price of buying new.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Mon 23-Oct-17 19:00:43

Ooh I like the shape of the LV Speedy (I know B'All about handbags though , have to admit)

ReallyConvolutedCareerHistory Mon 23-Oct-17 20:45:47

Oh, the light blue does not have a split handle. It has like a plastic thing they used to hang it, I think it's just bad lighting. It costs the same as the black first, but it's a giant city. It's £394 - same as the first.

Here's half the price that I am thinking of dyeing. It's super dirty and old but it's £195

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now