Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Sorry, me again. Saddlebags? I haven't a clue have I?

(16 Posts)
SierraFerrara Sat 21-Oct-17 17:59:42

I'm becoming an expert at returning stuff. I'll be taking the pink sparkly jumper from my eatlier post back. Not sure about the cardie. I really love the colour so will try it open over a white shirt etc. to maybe tone down the granny.

Anyway. I also bought some jeans today. I really struggle to find jeans and trousers. I'm very self conscious of my thighs and in particular my saddlebags but I saw a photo of myself in my wide leg jeans and it wasn't pretty. sad The wide leg jeans aren't granny (honest!) but they made me look huge.

So today I tried on some bootlegs but all I can see is saddlebags. Do they look as bad as I think they do? Physically the jeans seem to fit and are comfy. Be honest, I can take it.

If they are passable what shoes should I wear? I've put them tucked into boots but my size 5 feet look huge! I can live with that but I'm worried my bottom half will look like an inverted triangle in trainers though.

Ignore the tent-y top. I love it but I've too many other curves for it to work on me so it's going to tye charity shop. You can't tell because of the top, but I'm an hourglass. My tummy is a bit bloated but is usually a little flatter.

I promise I'll go away now.

dorislessingscat Sat 21-Oct-17 18:03:32

You look perfectly normal and fine in those jeans.

Notanothernamechangeaddict Sat 21-Oct-17 18:04:50

Looks fine to me

MagicFajita Sat 21-Oct-17 18:07:51

I like the trousers. They look good on you.

hendricksyousay Sat 21-Oct-17 18:28:52

You look fine !

HereBeFuckery Sat 21-Oct-17 18:31:07

You have a lovely figure, and look lovely in those jeans. Stop stressing!

SierraFerrara Sat 21-Oct-17 18:44:59

Thank you everyone.grin
Doing a little dance here.

RickOShay Sat 21-Oct-17 18:48:20

Actually I really like the top you are wearing!

TheMasterNotMargarita Sat 21-Oct-17 18:51:01

Jeans look totally fine.
You are a very similar shape to one of my friends and she is also very conscious of the same area but there's no need!

SierraFerrara Sat 21-Oct-17 18:53:06

Rickoshay, happy to post it to you instead of charity shop of you want. It is a lovely top.

SierraFerrara Sat 21-Oct-17 18:53:40

PS not asking for any money for it.

LapinR0se Sat 21-Oct-17 18:55:00

You don't have saddlebags, you have violin hips.
They look perfectly fine but if you want to disguise them it is not the jeans that are an issue but the length of the top which cuts you at exactly the wrong place. You need things that fall at hip length or lower.

SierraFerrara Sat 21-Oct-17 18:55:36

It's this one.

olympicsrock Sat 21-Oct-17 18:55:57

They look fine. Better with trainees than tucked into boots

SierraFerrara Sat 21-Oct-17 18:57:13

Lapin, you are absolutely right about the length of top.

SierraFerrara Sat 21-Oct-17 19:00:13

Off to google violin hips as I've never heard that phrase.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now