Talk

Advanced search

Stopping Botox

(10 Posts)
StevesFlappyCap Sat 21-Oct-17 12:27:04

I’ve been having it 2 or 3 times a year for the last 4 years and have decided for various reasons to stop.

It’s a bit nerve-wracking (no pun intended) - I don’t want my forehead to collapse in in itself or anything. Has anyone else stopped? Did it go back to how it was before? That’s all I want. I had only a few very faint lines when I started.

StevesFlappyCap Sat 21-Oct-17 20:23:08

grin

Wellhellothere1 Sat 21-Oct-17 20:43:06

My finances cause me to stop getting botox for a year or two every so often and there's no problem. The wrinkles come back like they did before. No change.

lionsleepstonight Sat 21-Oct-17 23:12:49

My wrinkles seem less pronounced, especially the 11's. But I imagine they'll become more ingrained as time goes on. But it's been a year since my last treatment and it's only now I've noticed the wrinkles back on my forehead.

StevesFlappyCap Sun 22-Oct-17 08:48:04

Thank so much for the replies. I read somewhere - probably wasn’t a scientific study- that if you have it done for quite a while it weakens the muscles and so when you stop it’s actually worse than before.

Am stopping as it was only ever preventative and don’t want to look unnatural for my age. And finances, that too.

prettywhiteguitar Sun 22-Oct-17 09:39:22

Actually lasts quite a lot longer than you think so you might find you need it less than you imagine. I only had it once and my 11's haven't come back completely since.

Make sure you're completely hydrating your skin, acid exfoliation, spf. You'll be fine !

StevesFlappyCap Sun 22-Oct-17 10:00:21

Thank you Pretty,

StevesFlappyCap Sun 22-Oct-17 10:05:46

Oops posted too soon!

Meant to say thanks for your advice, am probably overthinking it.

I don’t have ‘elevens’ though (my bf does, must be a genetic thing) - just a sort of concertina effect on my rather large forehead.

prettywhiteguitar Mon 23-Oct-17 12:29:32

I had it done for tiredness from my last dc who did not sleep for a year, it worked wonders but I didn't get on with the feeling in my forehead. Mine was to treat the wrinkles on my cheeks (sexy) but now getting sleep and good skin care has sorted it out and they have gone.

The problem with getting it done to regularly is that you can look a bit strange, no one can put their finger on it ! But it just looks unnatural, letting it run out in between means you can see the anti ageing effect your having without looking frozen. There are so many treatments that help your skin, not just Botox it might be worth looking into it if you're still wanting to do something.

VladsFlappyBat Wed 25-Oct-17 03:54:24

I had that heavy forehead feeling once, think she must have put more in or sth but didn’t like it at all. Felt really stiff and heavy and took a few months for that to wear off.

True about alternatives, ty. My bf has acid peels every so often but I’m scared of those (but was ok with botulism apparently 🙈grin).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now