Talk

Advanced search

Cotton Traders Raincoats

(14 Posts)
dublinia Sat 21-Oct-17 11:48:44

Help please
I want a lightweight but warm and waterproof coat. If you know about Cotton Traders raincoats please help as buying from t'Internet is hard and delivery costs/ returns is expensive if not in the UK.
My options are :
Windermere
Conwy
Lakeside
coats.
Which is best please ?

dublinia Sat 21-Oct-17 20:24:16

I've eliminated the Conwy as it is not warm enough.

dublinia Sun 22-Oct-17 21:17:32

Finally down to the Lakeside.
Anyone bought one?

dublinia Mon 23-Oct-17 15:05:41

Bump

MrsFionaCharming Mon 23-Oct-17 16:12:19

I haven’t owned any of those specific coats, but I did have a Cotton Traders one ( one of the zip in flleece types), which one day just decided not to be waterproof anymore. In the middle of a week camping / hiking trip. I haven’t bought from them again.

dublinia Mon 23-Oct-17 23:29:32

Oh dear.
Doesn't sound good. Was it supposed to be waterproof ?

ExConstance Tue 24-Oct-17 12:06:07

Cotton Traders? I thought this section was "Style and Beauty" There is not the remotest possibility of looking half way acceptable in any item of clothing from Cotton Traders - have you looked at the Seasalt rainwear, much nicer.

dublinia Tue 24-Oct-17 17:09:52

smile
I did try a Seasalt Janelle but it's too bulky.
Not looking for glamour for dog walking in my local park. gringringrin

Hellywelly10 Tue 24-Oct-17 17:14:30

I bought a windermere coat last year. Love it. Looks expensive. Can't comment on waterproofing as it's wool. Bought a dress from cotton traiders hated it. Sent it back and they paid up.

TheDevilMadeMeDoIt Tue 24-Oct-17 17:34:20

I like these, but it very much depends on the design they're using for each year. Very lightweight but fully lined (including sleeves) with teddy bear fur so warm.
It only last me for one year but it's not especially expensive and stays waterproof for that time.

(One year the designs were particularly hideous and I went without. But I've also had compliments on others I've had.The secret is to get one in the size that fits, don't go up one thinking that you can wear thick jumpers underneath.)

TheDevilMadeMeDoIt Tue 24-Oct-17 18:25:20

The link would have been good blush

dublinia Tue 24-Oct-17 22:55:09

Thank you

ginghamstarfish Wed 25-Oct-17 12:47:23

Try Lands End - they do lots of coats, have very good guarantee so you can return at any time if not happy. Can be expensive but they have lots of discount offers if you sign up to newsletter.

dublinia Wed 25-Oct-17 15:03:53

Thank you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now