Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

W7

(14 Posts)
ScallopedEdge Sat 21-Oct-17 09:16:52

I was searching on here for a thread about good makeup dupes and saw a few people mention w7 cosmetics being sold on Amazon.
Has anyone tried it? Got any recommendations? I'm tempted by the matte glosses and the mascara that looks like a Benefit one. Oh and the eyeshadow palettes.
Thanks.

Zombiemama Sat 21-Oct-17 09:19:53

I actually bought that mascara last weekend it is fab! Brush is really good on it.

I used to work in a pharmacy and the w7 products were very popular with all ages. They had a brow bar type product that we couldn't keep on the shelves.

SparklyMagpie Sat 21-Oct-17 09:21:26

Yes I've bought quite a few things on amazon, I love there lipsticks and have used the brow kit. I like it and cheap as chips smile

JesusTapdancingChrist Sat 21-Oct-17 09:23:37

I'm all for affordable makeup but haven't tried anything from W7 that hasn't been pretty rubbish tbh. The eyeshadow palettes in particular had practically zero pigment and were dry and powdery.

Sleek are the best cheap brand for eyeshadow palettes. Also, Wet n Wild which you can buy on Amazon and eBay have incredible quality eyeshadow trios. MUA and Makeup Revolution for blushers/highlighters. Essence at Wilkos is a fantastic makeup range that is cheap as chips (their mascaras are great).

FoodGloriousFud Sat 21-Oct-17 10:48:49

I love the Queen of Brows! Eyebrow mascara... If that's a thing!

ScallopedEdge Sat 21-Oct-17 10:53:53

Thanks everyone.
I've heard good things about Essence too. Will have to have a look.
I just want to find the perfect lipstick. And mascara. And eyeshadow. That are all really cheap.
Not too much to ask grin

EdgarAllanPO Sat 21-Oct-17 11:03:13

I have some w7 products. The dupe for soleil de tan chanel is pretty good. A fraction of the price and impressed me.
I don't think any other companies have tried to dupe it. I have an eyebrow tint and wax from them and didn't rate it, preferred the technic version. Have never tried any lipsticks but one of my dds likes the mascara and thinks it's a good as the benefit one she has.

ItsAHardKn0ckLife1 Sat 21-Oct-17 11:04:19

Agree that the w7 eyeshadow palettes are crap.

And yes to the essence range! Great quality make up smile

YouWereRight Sat 21-Oct-17 11:10:42

I have a concealer that's decent enough. I bought it when I got a black eye out one day, and dp kept laughing at my face. I don't know if it's just because it's a really good colour match for me, but it's fine.

Ollivander84 Sat 21-Oct-17 11:15:09

Love the queen of brows gel

horacemorris Sat 21-Oct-17 11:22:26

Just bought some of the Skinny Lippings lip glosses, they are fab! Stay put for ages!

wowfudge Sat 21-Oct-17 11:51:27

I bought their eyelid primer and was disappointed. My eye shadow lasts better without it.

ScallopedEdge Sat 21-Oct-17 12:01:48

I've just been looking through my make up and I do actually have a Sleek eyeshadow palette. It'll want throwing away now plus it must be from when I was more adventurous, lots of bright colours and sparkle, but I do remember being happy with the quality.

I think I'm in a bit of a make up rut. I really, really struggle with lipstick. I have one dark red that I wear for nights out but can never find a more day time one. I think it's because I have quite yellow/olive skin. Nothing looks the same on me as it does on other people hmm

ScallopedEdge Sat 21-Oct-17 12:18:01

Just been looking at wet n wild. The rebel rose lip colour looks beautiful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now