Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Something like a lbd?

(1 Post)
PhyllisWig Sat 21-Oct-17 09:00:39

Since losing weight I have nothing which isn’t work or v casual weekend. That’s basically what I need for my lifestyle so that’s fine but on the odd occasion I need to be a tiny bit fancier I have to get something new.

My work Christmas party - only meal
out but is ‘jeans and a nice top’ territory. I may have some other work social stuff. Evening wedding do, family celebration lunch etc.

What kind of outfit can I get? I don’t have much money to spare and it really won’t be worn that much so didn’t really want to spend more than 50 quid. I want something plain that won’t date v quickly but doesn’t have to be great quality. I could then dress it up/change accessories to fit the occasion etc. It can’t actually be a lbd though as I don’t suit black!

Or do I just say sod it, spend 30 quid on the plisse jumpsuit I saw on new look wear it once or twice then next time I need something hit H&M in a panic for a top etc. Like I do now.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: