Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Help - I look like Steve Bannon!

(9 Posts)
bigfatfeet Fri 20-Oct-17 14:03:42

I am having a nightmarish few weeks with my skin and am at a loss for what to do. I have rosacea and some acne but until recently this has been really well-controlled - I haven't changed anything in my skincare routine but suddenly my nose is red and bulbous and I have new spots appearing on my chin and neck.

To add to this joy, my skin appears to be both oily and dehydrated at the same time so my foundation won't stay on my nose or chin properly - it's breaking down and looks patchy as soon as I've applied it. I am so fed up with it all but don't know where to start.

Any advice appreciated as the Steve Bannon look is really not working for me.

ChocolatePHD Fri 20-Oct-17 14:11:36

Any new makeup being used?

bigfatfeet Fri 20-Oct-17 14:33:21

Nope - have had about three foundations on rotation all summer but now they all look crap. I did have a brief experiment with the new Fenty Beauty primer after getting sucked in by the hype, but that was a long time after all this started.

ImperfectTents Fri 20-Oct-17 14:36:13

Avoid spicy foods, tomatoes, coffee and red wine for a few weeks. This helps me.

Montacute Fri 20-Oct-17 14:48:30

Double cleanse in the evening

Use glycolic acid pads

Try a retinol serum

Use a hydrating serum in the mornings

Renounce any far right views you may have. It plays havoc with the complexion.

botemp Fri 20-Oct-17 14:52:37

It may just be down to the changing weather. Are you seeing a dermatologist or on any prescription medication? When it progresses to this more advanced stage I'd imagine it's hard to manage with just OTC skincare and lifestyle choices alone so it's worth seeking out a dermatologist if you're not already seeing one.

bigfatfeet Fri 20-Oct-17 14:53:53

Thanks Montacute - am already doing 1, 2 and 5 but will try the other two.

Was a bit scared of trying retinol while everything has gone to shit, but I do have The Ordinary serum in the cupboard so might as well give it a go...

bigfatfeet Fri 20-Oct-17 14:57:56

Last time I went to the GP he completely fobbed me off - I'd really built myself up to go without makeup on but he was very dismissive, wouldn't consider a referral and prescribed me a cream which didn't work.

I'm already under rheumatology, haematology and an eye hospital so not sure I can cope with another -ologist right now, but this does make me wonder whether the general inflammation caused by my rheumatoid arthritis might be contributing to the Bannon-ness of it all.

bigfatfeet Fri 20-Oct-17 15:00:38

ImperfectTents - thanks, I think it probably is time to try diet changes, I've put it off in the hope of a quick fix solution. Would probably help my arthritis too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now