Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Leather skirts?

(18 Posts)
AnaViaSalamanca Thu 19-Oct-17 14:06:57

I am thinking of buying one. Been looking at Jigsaw. How is the quality?

Any other brands that you love?

CaseStudyResearch Thu 19-Oct-17 21:14:27

I have 2 fantastic faux leather skirts - a pencil one from Vero Moda and a A line mini one from Topshop.

ChardonnaysPrettySister Thu 19-Oct-17 21:17:12

Used to be amazing, I still have a leather skirt from them I bought 18 years ago.

Judydreamsofhorses Thu 19-Oct-17 21:48:59

I had a massive leather skirt hunt at the start of the year. I found the Jigsaw ones came up huge and the one that fitted me was marked from the security tag. I bought the White Company one in the end and realky love it.

Nettletheelf Fri 20-Oct-17 00:10:41

The faux ones can be a bit sweaty. I've got a lovely one from Jaeger, recommended.

AnaViaSalamanca Fri 20-Oct-17 15:05:26

Thanks everyone!

HorlicksBunny Fri 20-Oct-17 17:55:45

I bought the Jigsaw wrap one, didn't like their other one this season (fussy stitching details).

I found the Jigsaw wrap skirt a much more flattering shape than others that I'd tried - Whistles x 2 leather ones, Oasis and Warehouse (fake leather ones).

Olddear Fri 20-Oct-17 18:30:08

I've just bought a Jaeger one, love it

TheMightyMing Fri 20-Oct-17 19:08:21

Old dear what's your Jaeger one like, I'm starting to love Jaeger. I got the classic trench on Brand Alley a few weeks ago, so cheap, love it.

silkpyjamasallday Fri 20-Oct-17 19:12:33

I have one from asos and one from all saints, both been worn to death since I got them 7 and 5 years ago respectively. The leather on the all saints one is ridiculously lovely, buttery soft but thick.

TheMightyMing Fri 20-Oct-17 19:21:19

I've three Baukjen and and M and S plus a few faux numbers, I love leather skirts me smile

Rosiemary Fri 20-Oct-17 22:43:03

I have the Jigsaw wrap leather skirt, really like it, agree it's very flattering.

Olddear Sat 21-Oct-17 20:06:16

It's called, iirc, the stretch leather skirt...it's a black straight skirt with two slit pockets. It was pricey at £280 blush but I've been looking for one for ages and couldn't find one (loads of faux leather or mini) it's true to size and I'm really pleased with it. I'd like a midi 'full' leather skirt now (not sure how to describe it!! Circle skirt maybe?)

TheMightyMing Sun 22-Oct-17 11:51:42

Old dear yes it's lovely that one- I've a similar one from Baukjen . I got a knee length a line skirt from m and S autograph a couple of years back, it's really nice leather.

PinkLipsDontLie Sun 22-Oct-17 13:03:30

Would a pencil leather skirt flatter a pear shape? I am 40 hips (going on 39 soon) 26-27 waist, 32c. Usually wear 8-10 tops and dresses but at least 12 in trousers.

Olddear Sun 22-Oct-17 14:19:31

Pinklips yes!!! Go for it!!

hungryradish Sun 22-Oct-17 14:26:03

My Topshop leather skirt is one of the best things in my wardrobe. So handy.

LockedOutOfMN Sun 22-Oct-17 14:27:14

I've got 3 from last winter: one from Topshop, one from Zara and one from Mango. Wore them all winter and spring and just thinking of getting back into them now autumn's coming.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: