Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Can you talk to me about shapewear?

(8 Posts)
NotJustThreeSmallWords Thu 19-Oct-17 13:43:49

I've never worn it before, however need a bit of smoothing round my tummy to wear my Christmas dresses.
I have no idea where to start. I've worn a corset once before and it gave me a panic attack cos I couldn't breathe!

AnaViaSalamanca Thu 19-Oct-17 14:03:59

Lower belly? there are some cycling short type of shaprewear you can wear. Best is to look at the spanx website and see the options

These are normally not that tight, you can choose looser size, but my recommendation is to go as tight as possible since they do stretch

NotJustThreeSmallWords Thu 19-Oct-17 14:10:30

I think I need something that'll cover the whole area from boobs to bum.
I've had a look on M&S and there's so many different types and levels of control.
And most of them have iffy reviews.

hendricksyousay Thu 19-Oct-17 15:22:18

Spanx high waist are the best ones . They aren’t cheap but work better than anything else and don’t make marks on your things or your back . They also have a wee flap so you don’t need to pull them down .

CMOTDibbler Thu 19-Oct-17 15:25:11

The M&S 'wear your own bra' slip is the best thing I've found - doesn't roll up or down, no loo problems, and it really does smooth things out

dancingqueen345 Thu 19-Oct-17 15:27:51

Depends what your dress is like, but I swear by the Primark own range. I have the shorts (which come up to just under my bra) and also like a top thing which comes down to under my bum.

NotJustThreeSmallWords Thu 19-Oct-17 16:02:31

Primark? Hadn't even considered there!

VapersNest Thu 19-Oct-17 18:55:09

I'm a fan of 'wear your own bra (and pants! grin' shapers. They're basically a firm control slip, but you wear your own bra, obvs. I get mine from Next.

Spanx do the job, but they're such a faff to get on and off and so...clammy grin.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now