Talk

Advanced search

Red shoes

(19 Posts)
AnInchWasPinched Thu 19-Oct-17 12:47:38

Yes or no?

I don't like red. Never wear it. Currently have only black shoes + one pair of dark blue trainers. Need new shoes, they have them in my size in red. Can't decide.

I always wear either black or dark blue jeans.

RoganJosh Thu 19-Oct-17 12:48:29

I would say no because you don't like red.

CoolCarrie Thu 19-Oct-17 12:49:59

I love red shoes and boots, so I would go for it, but if you really don't like the colour then don't because you won't wear them

justinelibertine Thu 19-Oct-17 12:52:16

I love red shoes. Go for it!
However, I used to love red boots. Until I became acquainted with Mr Tumble.

slug Thu 19-Oct-17 13:26:04

Red shoes are neutral as far as I'm concerned. They go with everything.

Paintbox Thu 19-Oct-17 13:50:06

You said you don’t like red, so that’s the answer imo

AnInchWasPinched Thu 19-Oct-17 15:22:14

See, I was wondering if I should be converted! I'm having foot problems, so limited choice at the moment sad

They're not pretty by any means, but they're these barefoot shoes and I wonder if they could help sort my feet, which according to the doctor will only get worse. She's prescribed me insoles which will cost me a fortune (only a small amount will be paid) and from what I've read won't cure or help in the long term.

Office is casual (jeans and a top type casual), which would look best?

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Thu 19-Oct-17 15:53:00

Red shoes are never wrong imo.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Thu 19-Oct-17 15:53:43

What make are they OP,I need comfy shoes!

AnInchWasPinched Thu 19-Oct-17 16:09:06

They sound anything but comfy! They're the ones with as little support as possible, the idea being to reactivate the muscles of your feet and let you feel every bump and unevenness that you walk on confused. The make is vivobarefoot.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Thu 19-Oct-17 16:10:07

Oh no,I need support that sounds horrendous!!

AnInchWasPinched Thu 19-Oct-17 16:12:06

Make or break...

keeponkeepinon Thu 19-Oct-17 17:53:33

OK I never wear red. It's just not one of my colours. However, I have a couple of fabulous pairs of shoes in pillar box red and they do go with just about everything. Sandals and some courts. I don't wear red near my face but it looks great on my feet! I think I will always have one pair of red shoes in my collection. I say give it a try.

keeponkeepinon Thu 19-Oct-17 17:54:44

Ps red will look fab against black or dark blue jeans.
Can we see the shoes op?

cheesypastatonight Thu 19-Oct-17 17:57:55

Red shoes no knickers.....😜

NC4now Thu 19-Oct-17 18:09:24

My very earliest memory is of wearing my new red shoes, and how happy they made me. When I wear my red shoes now I feel all happy too.

I only made the link a few weeks ago.

So it's a resounding YES from me.

Apileofballyhoo Thu 19-Oct-17 18:15:59

I have a few pairs of Vivos. I'd be careful which ones you go for as there really is no cushioning in some of them. I find the hiking type the most comfortable, but very warm, and I've got a slip on leather shoe I wear a lot too. The running shoes are not really comfortable at all. I got all of mine online at the same time when they were 70% off so I hadn't tried any of them on first.

AnInchWasPinched Thu 19-Oct-17 18:48:27

shock cheesy red hat no knickers!

That’s good to hear from someone who’s worn some Apile. Did you get the running ones for running or for everyday wear. I’m not sure there’s anywhere near me that has them so I’ll probably have to online order. Will look tomorrow though.

I posted a photo keepon. Can anyone see it, or just me?

Apileofballyhoo Thu 19-Oct-17 20:40:15

I can see the photo. Got the running shoes just for wearing (and also thought I might do some more walking for fitness wearing them). Tbh I don't think I could run in them unless it was on grass. There is literally no cushion at all. I did a fair bit of walking a few weeks ago in the leather shoes and it was a relief to get to a grassy part.

The hiking boots are really comfortable because there's another 3mm of lugs that keep you up of the ground. Mine aren't the leather ones though and they are really too warm on all but the coldest part of winter. Your feet do get tired in them but I think your body gets less tired because your feet are able to do more of the balancing.

After wearing them for a few months I stuck on a pair of tennis shoe type trainers during the summer and found them really uncomfortable, very heavy and 'off' for want of a better word. Gave me pains in my heels - and these were a pair I wore happily last summer.

Oddly, mine are two different sizes. My boots are 41 and my shoes are 40 and I can't remember what size the running shoes are. They're in the back of the car atm so I can't check. They are the smallest fitting. The hiking boots are narrower than I expected, and I have quite narrow feet!

I've noticed that some of the shoes are now coming with a 3mm removable cork insole. I'd be tempted to give those a go, wearing the insole. Also thinking of getting cushioning insoles myself for my leather ones.

The thing that's supposed to be good is the zero heel, no arch support and loads of room for your toes. I just wish they did a bigger range. I keep looking at the ankle boots but they are quite expensive.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now