Talk

Advanced search

Black fleece type thing that is not a fleece

(10 Posts)
Topnotes Wed 18-Oct-17 22:17:36

I'd really like a black warm 'thing' to put on over over t-shirts etc when I get cold that is sort of like a fleece but not. Fleeces always look a bit frumpy to me. It needs to be casual for the school run and other such duties, but maybe with a bit of shape or tailoring. Does anyone have any ideas?

Pastacube Wed 18-Oct-17 22:20:41

i saw this the other day and thought it looked snuggy

YouSaySidewalkISayPavement Wed 18-Oct-17 23:57:45

Black chenile jumpers have the same effect but you need to be careful with the design to avoid a frump look. Chenile isnt very "in" at the moment, there are seasons where it comes and goes so you may have to search hard.

DelphiniumBlue Wed 18-Oct-17 23:59:32

There are chenille jumpers in Primary at the moment.

YouSaySidewalkISayPavement Wed 18-Oct-17 23:59:54

Sorry just realised wasn't very clear - I meant chenille is snuggly and you can get stylish chenille jumpers but plenty of jumpers of that sort are shapeless frump so it's about finding the right design which maybe tricky currently as it's not an in-fashion fabric so less choice.

DelphiniumBlue Wed 18-Oct-17 23:59:58

Primark!

jellycat Thu 19-Oct-17 00:00:26

How about a soft shell jacket?

Topnotes Thu 19-Oct-17 05:58:38

Thanks folks, will do some googling. I think soft shell jacket is what I had in mind but didn't know the words for it! If anyone has seen any good ones, please post 🙂

building2017 Thu 19-Oct-17 07:43:43

I have three funnel neck tailored black fleeces that are good for this. Will see if I can find any online

building2017 Thu 19-Oct-17 07:45:20

And it's on sale

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now