Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Ear piercing recommendations in London for 9yo

(12 Posts)
tethersend Wed 18-Oct-17 21:57:25

DD1 (9) wants her ears pierced for her birthday- can anyone recommend somewhere which isn't Claire's? In east London but happy to go into town.

AnneOfCleavage Thu 19-Oct-17 09:53:44

Why don't you google some ear piercing salons (tattoo places are great as very experienced and clean) in your area? That's what I did and found a place that offered the Studex system as they wouldn't pierce an under 16 with a needle. Later found out DD cousin got hers done with a needle somewhere else a week after my DD did - they were both 13.

Ring them up and ask questions, they really won't mind.

tethersend Thu 19-Oct-17 11:19:16

Thanks Anne. Was the place you found in London?

AnneOfCleavage Fri 20-Oct-17 09:19:52

No sorry. I'm no where near London. Good luck OP.

mamado Fri 20-Oct-17 15:56:35

A friend recommended Harrods as they make it a fancy special event

tethersend Fri 20-Oct-17 17:08:32

Thanks, will have a look smile

bobthebuddha Fri 20-Oct-17 18:16:32

I use Metal Morphosis on Bethnal Green Rd & the one in TopShop on Oxford Street - they have an age-limit but looks like you'd qualify.

silkpyjamasallday Fri 20-Oct-17 19:15:05

You can have it done at Liberty, I am having some done for my birthday in a month or so. Plus nice to have a nose around the Christmas things. And close to oxford street for shopping afterwards to take her mind off the throbbing pain!

gnatgnu Fri 20-Oct-17 19:18:19

My DD had hers done in Harrods for her 10th birthday - she said that it was pain free, didn't even squirm when they went in! It was £50 which I didn't think was bad but my colleagues were shocked and said that was very expensive.

gnatgnu Fri 20-Oct-17 19:19:16

I think the Liberty one is Maria Tash - you have to be pierced with her earrings which are ££££££££.

tethersend Fri 20-Oct-17 20:40:21

Bobthebuddah, metalmorphosis is just down the road from me- will call them tomorrow, thanks so much smile

Thanks for the other suggestions too smile

PixieMiss Fri 20-Oct-17 20:47:38

Cold Steel in Camden are FANTASTIC.

Would highly recommend!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: